TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

TeslaCam and “very helpful” TESLA service

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by Rkilian, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Rkilian

Rkilian Member

2020 MX, after 3 weeks 4 drives and countless hours of formatting and drives on Mac and PC, I decided to call TESLA for help. After the service adviser told me that they couldn’t plug any external drive into their computers to help me but that mobile service could. After scheduling with them, I got a text saying that they couldn’t either. I keep getting the “try a different drive”.
    Funny thing is if I perform a soft reboot, the TeslaCam will work until the next time I turn off the car.

any advise?

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

That's pretty much the solution of spending your money on trials and errors for now unless you want to ask Tesla to fix this software bug.

I am using this expensive $67.36 solid state drive in the form of a stick and it has been working fine:

SanDisk SDCZ880-256G-G46 Extreme PRO 256GB USB 3.1 Solid State Flash Drive .

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

4. Mata Hari

Mata Hari Member

What is the soze drive for the cam? I don’t have a lot of music. Can it store and play video as well?