Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam Dashboard/Sentry recordings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the upgrade to MCU2/HW3 and am now getting dashboard and sentry recordings. One question...in the thumbdrive I have files for front, right, left and rear but the rear files are all 1KB in size and have no data. Are others seeing this? Is it possible that the rear camera recordings are an AP2.5 suite only issue? Would appreciate any tips/suggestions others are seeing.

In the MCU dashcam video viewer, when playing back, I see the front and side views and can click between them. Cannot see the rear view as an option there.

My understanding was that with the latest software, all 4 cameras are recorded. I'm on 2020-24.6.1 if that makes a difference.

@croman Thanks for the heads up. They are coming via mobile service in a week to fix the issue of the IC display being recessed/creating a gap to the trim. Talked to a tech who is very knowledeble at delivery .. the new IC has a smaller heat sink than the old one (not surprising since it has no computer) and thus is thinner and sits farther back. Solution is to put shims behind it for the four mounting tabs/screws so it sits flush with the trim They already agreed to fix that under warranty as a mobile appointment so I've just added this issue to the appointment. Hopefully the mobile tech can fix it, but if not I guess it will go back to the service center for repair.

Appreciate the tip!

Can you all see the rear camera view in the dashboard viewer or just when checking files on the thumbdrive? If you can see it on the viewer, there is definitely an issue and I'll have to take it in for warranty work.
What firmware version were you on when you got your MCU2 upgrade. I got my upgrade about 5 weeks ago and have had rear camera recordings ever since. That is until the most recent software update 2020.24.6.4. Now I don’t have any rear camera recordings. Rear camera still works just fine when in reverse.