TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Teslacam does not turn off when parking overnight?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by vv132, Apr 13, 2019.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

Hey so while using teslacam, and parking my car in my garage overnight it does not seem to turn off? I now have to manually hold the cam button till the red light disappears every time while parking at home. Anyone else run into this issue? Otherwise the Teslacam records all night it seems even when sentry mode is off

2. dave999z

dave999z Member

I have noticed mine keeps recording for a couple hours after I get home. So if I check the USB drive the next day, I will have an hour's worth of files that begins an hour after I got home and ends 2 hours after I got home.

Kind of annoying. I'm not turning on Sentry mode, so don't know why it's doing this.

3. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

I also found that mine was recording one hour after I park. I was losing as much as 10 miles overnight. I turned DashCam off and my range loss returned to normal.

This is a pain to turn it on and then remember to turn it off when parking.

4. DavidElg

DavidElg Member

I have this same issue. It just records at all times. What version are you all on? I'm on 2019.9 and wondering if it's a bug with that particular software version.

5. vv132

vv132 Member

I have 2019.8.5

6. jdcollins5

jdcollins5 Member

7. Thunder7ga

Thunder7ga Member

If the car is not sleeping, it does appear to record. Seems they should make it that as long as it is in PARK it doesn't record unless something comes very close to the car or sentry mode is enabled. I too get lots of footage of my dark garage.

8. afty

afty Member

I’ve seen the same thing, lots of footage of the inside of my garage. I don’t see much vampire drain though. I have my battery gauge set to percent, not miles, but I usually don’t see any change in the reading overnight.

9. fr100

fr100 Member

One of the earlier updates this year kept the USB, 12V port, and cameras always running when the car is awake. It has been the same ever since.

10. vv132

vv132 Member

think they should just do location based recording on or off. Or even disable all USB/12v based off location. So if you save your garage location everything just turns off but I guess thats high hopes right now. Right now I literally unplug my radar and hold the record icon till the icon shows no recording every time I park at home.

11. dundas

dundas Member

If we manually click on "turn-off power" from the menu, would it help to stop the dashcam recording?
    Otherwise, we got to manually click on the dashcam icon on top right corner for 3 secs in order to stop it before we leave the cockpit.

• Informative x 1