Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam error ui_a108 since 2020.48.10

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the update to 2020.48.10 I’m getting this error:
ui_a108 - Dashcam USB drive is getting full. Delete files or reformat drive.

Strange, because I never had any problems with TeslaCam before.
Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• 886890DF-FCFA-45AD-9111-73DBD00E3CA6.png
    886890DF-FCFA-45AD-9111-73DBD00E3CA6.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 279
I don't have this specific problem, but apparently the new software monitors the USB device closer than it did before. My 16 GB thumb drive has always worked flawlessly. Now I have a message on the screen telling me that I should use a drive >32 GB. It's still working though.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Update: a while ago my 128 GB USB thumb drive stopped working which is why I put an older 16 GB one back in service. The 128 GB thumb drive still worked just fine in every computer I tried but not in my M3. The 16 GB one worked just fine until I updated to 2020.48.10 and I got the warning message to use a bigger drive.

On a hunch, I decided to give it another go today and lo and behold, the Tesla now recognizes the formerly disdained 128 GB thumb drive. Looks like they fixed/changed a few things with USB drives that are not documented.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
My previously working fine 32GB no longer works. I just get an error message that tells me I need to get a drive larger than 32GB. Which I have... but I keep forgetting to take out and test because I so rarely drive anywhere at the moment.

**Facepalm**

I did notice the error again when I got in the car this morning... I've made a reminder in my phone so that I hopefully remember to test a larger drive when I get home.

I saw that error message once when Sentry Mode saved 8 clips on my 16 gb microSD card that I use for it. I usually don't have more than 3 and always delete the clips right away, but this time I forgot and they accumulated. All I had to do was delete them to free up space again and it went back to working fine.

been getting errors of some USB issue since updating with my Samsung endurance pro microSD + MicroSD adapter. Not sure if it's the taptes USB hub or something else. I replaced the microSD with a brand new one and still having the same issues. I Will be getting a Samsung T5 SSD soon, but this is annoying when it's worked fine in the past.

I saw that error message once when Sentry Mode saved 8 clips on my 16 gb microSD card that I use for it. I usually don't have more than 3 and always delete the clips right away, but this time I forgot and they accumulated. All I had to do was delete them to free up space again and it went back to working fine.

I'd like to make a correction to what I wrote earlier. I thought that after deleting all the clips when I first got that message about my drive running out of space, that I was good. But after doing that, I used the FORMAT feature in the car for good measure. I didn't realize that for some reason my microSD had stopped working (probably due to a bug with FORMAT). Today I saw 1 Sentry event at work and couldn't bring it up when I tapped on the notification. I tried FORMAT again and the microSD started working again with TeslaCam, but a new alert popped up. Like UncleCreepy and hudsoncat I now get a message that my 16gb flash memory is too small (but it still works). The alert is UI_a109, "Dashcam USB drive is too small", "Use drive larger than 32GB". Looks like a recent firmware caused that change.

gino-s, how big is your flash drive and did you try deleting your Sentry clips?

Has there been a solution to this? I have a 32gb flash drive plugged in and I get this warning, but only intermittently. I have tried reformatting the drive using the settings menu, but it didn't remove the warning. The dashcam is still working, so I don't see any negative impacts, other than the annoying warning icon I'd like to get rid of...

I use a 128 GB Micro SD card in a USB reader and I have been getting this drive full error. Two things about that: First, I thought that car was supposed to automatically wrap around and overwrite the oldest files. Is that not true? Second, when I go to the menu to reformat the drive, the option is grayed out. I can't figure out how to activate it so I can do a reformat?

I am experiencing the same UI_A109 error code since the recent software update. I have a 32 GB microSD card that has been working since I got my car.

Can anyone confirm that dash am still records videos despite the warning?
Does reformatting the card fix the problem?

I am experiencing the same UI_A109 error code since the recent software update. I have a 32 GB microSD card that has been working since I got my car.

Can anyone confirm that dash am still records videos despite the warning?
Does reformatting the card fix the problem?
That specific alert (UI_A109) about the flash drive being 32gb or smaller does not keep the Teslacam or Sentry Mode from working. You will notice that the grey/white triangle alert symbol is not the orange or red color that would indicate urgency. I've been using my 16gb flash memory since December 18th with that UI_A109 alert and everything has been working fine.

Reactions: Hot Cha