Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam files corrupt - can't jump during file playback

BlueWRXPride

Oct 24, 2017
Syracuse
I've noticed for a while that all of my files from teslaCam are corrupt in the sense that I can start playback of a file in windows media player, but I can't jump to a different point in the file. If I let it play it is fine, but if I click a new point to jump to, it just jumps right to the very end of the file and stops playing. I also can't use the TeslaCam Video WebApp Player as it doesn't seem to be able to read the files. I tried loading them in VLC player and that seems to be able to handle it. I tried reformatting the USB drive but it made no difference. Anyone else experiencing this?

BlueWRXPride

Oct 24, 2017
Syracuse
Hmm, a few days ago I did get a message that my USB drive was too slow, but it's not a slow drive, and it worked fine for half a year so I don't know why the drive would be an issue now...

MidwestM3P

Dec 17, 2018
Des Moines, IA
Exact problem here. Solved by upgrading to SSD. Now play pack works great!

What SSD are you using? Mine has the same issue right now - I solved it for the time being by downloading a different MP4 player which allows me to skip around in the vids but the app itself is slow and cumbersome.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC