Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam, is it supposed to overwrite old files?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi
I just set up the TeslaCam on my car and it stopped working suddenly. When I took out the usb memory, I found out that it was full. I thought that it would automatically overwrite old files. Does anyone have any idea about this? Gonna be a hassle if I have to remove to erase every couple of weeks.... thanks
Dave

The normal recording while driving does, but Sentry Mode does not run on a loop. Sentry mode clips are like pressing the dashcam button when driving, they have to be manually cleared out. Do you use sentry mode daily and do you get a lot of events? I use it all the time and sometimes I'll have a ton of events while parked at work just from cars driving by in the parking ramp and that fills up my drive.

The latest V10 software should overwrite the older files
Maybe should but mine doesn't appear to. Had a RecentClips folder full, only noticed because of the on-screen warning. Perhaps it only erases files older than a certain date and my drive is too small to reach the limit... Dunno.
EDIT: the clips filling up the RecentClips folder were from a day or two ago. Nothing from today - as the drive was already full.
I have 32.12.1.

Maybe should but mine doesn't appear to. Had a RecentClips folder full, only noticed because of the on-screen warning. Perhaps it only erases files older than a certain date and my drive is too small to reach the limit... Dunno.
EDIT: the clips filling up the RecentClips folder were from a day or two ago. Nothing from today - as the drive was already full.
I have 32.12.1.
That’s ironic. I’ve been battling version 11.1 and it ONLY keeps the last hour. And it won’t STOP writing and recording to the USB hours after parked. I can’t look at the last drive unless I take the USB out immediately after the drive somewhere. maybe they attempted to fix this in 12.1 and bugged that up as well.
wouldn’t shock me.