Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaCam, is yours doing this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the beginning of TeslaCam I have been able to review the RecentClips and SavedClips files on the computer and then put the drive back into the car and the car would overwrite the "recent" files up to 1 hour. Since I got the latest update the "RecentClips" folder is erased upon installing the drive into the car. In other words I view the files on the computer, put the drive in the car, wait a few minutes, no driving, remove the drive and the folder is empty. The "SavedClips" folder is not touched.

The car will clear the recent clips folder for any files that are greater than 1 hour of the current time. If you had recent clips from footage recorded 3 hours ago and plug it back into the car, it will remove those clips since they are older than the past hour.

The car will clear the recent clips folder for any files that are greater than 1 hour of the current time. If you had recent clips from footage recorded 3 hours ago and plug it back into the car, it will remove those clips since they are older than the past hour.

It should not write over the files sitting in the garage. When it writes over them sitting in the garage locked the files it writes are 1 KB for all cameras.

I'm still doing tests to relay to service, "the tech's are working on the camera problem".

Can someone do this test and see if the results are the same as mine;

!. check your flash drive and confirm there are files in the recent folder.
2. put the drive in the car USB, when the red dot comes on the camera icon touch the icon to "save" the files.
3. wait until it finishes and the red dot comes back on.
4. remove the drive and check the recent folder on the computer.

When I do the above it wipes all the content form the recent folder. If I don't do the save touch then the folder is left intact.