Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam Right-repeater cam not recording and is extra pixelated -sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
Just started using sentry mode, and am finding while parked/sentry mode enabled the right repeater cam does not always record(0 bites on flash). When it does it usually has green on the bottom half or is very pixelated. Does anyone else run into that issue and able to fix it?

When driving it the right repeater usually works but seems more pixelated than the left/front. Anyway to fix?

Thanks!

• Informative
Reactions: chinnam3
Hi,
Just started using sentry mode, and am finding while parked/sentry mode enabled the right repeater cam does not always record(0 bites on flash). When it does it usually has green on the bottom half or is very pixelated. Does anyone else run into that issue and able to fix it?

When driving it the right repeater usually works but seems more pixelated than the left/front. Anyway to fix?

Thanks!
One of my 2 side repeaters are always pixellated when @ a standstill & on the move.

Drive: Samsung BAR Plus 128GB - 300MB/s USB 3.1little weird feed gets better while driving then in SM

Link : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BPK3XWW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Keep in mind, published speeds are often for reads. This particular unit does 34MB/sec of writes, which is still well beyond the 90MB/minute that is being written to flash so I don't think speed is an issue here.

It would be a relatively easy test to quickly try another formatted USB key and see if you've got different results.

Assume you've tried resetting/shutting down your MCU (the most common method of clearing out possible problems)?

If none of these simple tests work, You may want to open a case with Tesla.

This is not my area of expertise, but I have read, and also seen youtube videos that suggest Micro SD chips made for video cameras produce a better outcome for drives that are always rewriting files on your drive. I used a usb drive/3.1 and still had the pixelating issue particularly when the car was parked.

Check out this video:

We had another maintenance issue for our steering rack last week at the service center and they told us there were known issues with the right camera repeaters. Our right repeater was replaced even though we had no known issues with it before we brought the car in.

2BE794EA-4D7B-46DB-A897-9D043CE97685.jpeg

Last edited:
We had another maintenance issue for our steering rack last week at the service center and they told us there were known issues with the right camera repeaters. Our right repeater was replaced even though we had no known issues with it before we brought the car in.

View attachment 397553
I was informed similarly from service that it’s an issue that they’re aware of and working on. Also was informed that if it was a camera issue there’d also be issues with autopilot, which there are not.

I noticed the same exact thing recently. Seems like driving videos are fine but many / most sentry mode recordings from the right repeater are either oddly pixelated, half green, or totally broken (0 bytes). Sounds like the time for a visit to the service center is approaching.

View attachment 397553
hey thanks for the info on this. Do you suggest I contact service center? Did anyone do a reset which fixed the issue?