Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam Right-repeater cam not recording and is extra pixelated -sentry mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla got back to me today essentially stating that the issue is still under review for a future software fix, with no ETA.

Hello Golan,

Hope all is well.

This email is a form of a follow up with a concern related to your Right Repeater that was brought to our attention on 05/10/2019 for further visibility.

After further investigation, it appears our Software Team is aware of the issue and actively working on fix to come in a future Software Update (version still pending)

In the meantime we advise in keeping the vehicle connected to WiFi to download and install Software Updates as they're released.

We appreciate your patience and correspondence during this matter.

Please reach back out if you have any further questions or concerns.

Cordialement (sincerely),

X | Advanced Tesla Support
12832 Frontrunner Blvd. Draper, UT 84020

www.tesla.com/support

I take it that "Advanced Tesla Support" is someone with actual access to info and not the random support people that makeup stuff?

I read on a different forum that a faster write speed on the flash drive or add should fix this. Can anyone recommend one that is not having this right_repeater not recording issue while the car is parked.

They were sadly mistaken. This is not a USB-speed write issue. Many of us are using USB thumb drives that can write over 32MB/sec which is many times faster than needed for this application.

I take it that "Advanced Tesla Support" is someone with actual access to info and not the random support people that makeup stuff?

There are layers in the support process, and as best as I can tell, the original support team handed it off to an advanced support team, who speak with engineering and software teams once in a 24 hour basis.

When I had them on the phone, they told me they message the software team and usually get a response within 24 hours.

When they say that this is software related and that a fix is in the works I believe them.

When they say that the fix hasn't been slated for a particular release yet that means to me that they have not solved the issue and its still a work in progress.

The bottom line is: we must wait.

Reactions: hoang51 and phtp
There are layers in the support process, and as best as I can tell, the original support team handed it off to an advanced support team, who speak with engineering and software teams once in a 24 hour basis.

When I had them on the phone, they told me they message the software team and usually get a response within 24 hours.

When they say that this is software related and that a fix is in the works I believe them.

When they say that the fix hasn't been slated for a particular release yet that means to me that they have not solved the issue and its still a work in progress.

I reported this behaviour to my local service centre a few days ago and haven't heard back. But they have been busy handling a large spike of deliveries due to SR+ qualifying for the Federal rebate in Canada. Hopefully, it gets passed up the chain and has more visibility on the issue, will result in a quicker resolution.

How did you report the bug? I have a couple of software issues that I tried reporting to Tesla, but didn't get any response or fix for them. I tried using the "bug report" voice feature and I described problems to the Service center team.

I have same issue with left repeater. I scheduled service appointment and two days before an appointment rep called me and said it is known software issue, it will be fixed in upcoming updates, no ETA and that this is Beta feature.

Bottom line is to wait to be fixed, whenever they can and will.

Reactions: Thunder7ga
I have had much better success with that same Samsung BAR 128GB drive used with partition for TeslaCam and for music than i've had with several other USB sticks. But, I also have random Right and Left repeater 0KB file sizes. Also, no issues observed with AP. (edited: random left or right repeater corruption of file...usually one works along with Front).

I have had this problem since Sentry Mode was released. My driver side repeater the majority of the time is either flat out missing or so badly pixelated/degraded it is useless. I haven’t see any real difference between updates but I continue to occasionally get USB drive is slow warnings which is simply not possible.

Reactions: chinnam3