Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam Sentry Mode Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did look through the last couple saved clips.... but couldn't find anything unusual that would have set off the the Sentry Alert mode.
That's why I was trying to figure out approximately what time the Alert mode kicked in. Have others experienced false alerts?
I still think all this is an outstanding idea!
A loud motorcycle or truck passing nearby could have set off Sentry Mode alert (alarm) state.

You only get an alert if it gets to the alarm level. And as far as the time, you go through the saved files and it would normally be in the last couple of minutes of saved clips. (It records the ~9 prior minutes to the "event".)
Thanks! I hope Tesla continues to invest in this area.
I'd like to see Tesla's become the least desirable vehicle to target in the lot, or neighborhood.
Getting more media coverage around these events (when the bad guys get caught), will help.

Today my model 3 was parking in a parking lots of a mall with sentry mode on. When I returned to my car I saw some damage on my door. Apparently it was caused by the car next to me. It didn’t pay attention when the driver opened his door. It’s a very windy day. Then I saw there are 4 sentry mode events showing on my screen. And I checked at home. I found nothing! In the SavedClips folder, there is a video shows that a car came and parked next to me. But when the driver was about to open the door. The video just stopped there. And the next video was taken one hour after that. I am like 95% sure it was that car, but I have no video evidence at all. Now I really doubt the point of sentry mode.