TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
  1. TMC is currently READ ONLY.
    Click here for more info.

Teslacam - SSD Feature

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by R5 Red Five, Aug 19, 2020.

Tags:
  1. R5 Red Five

R5 Red Five Member

Hi All,

New to the site, I have a M3P in red with white interior.

First post so if this is already known...sorry!!

I wanted to reduce the USB usage after buying a 500GB SSD drive, I did wonder if you could use the same drive for both?
    So using basic windows tools I partioned the drive to have x 2 ExFat partitions.

One called Teslacam (with the folder of course named on this driver for Teslacam)
    and one with Music on it.

I was sceptical that it would work despite the logic saying "it should", but I am happy to say it worked fine.
    Great use of space with around 300 GB reserved for Cam and a large amount for Music via USB

This of course can then me hidden in the USB hub by various makers, i have the Taptes one and it works fine.

highly recommended!

• Like x 1
  2. Noodles

Noodles Member

#2 Noodles, Aug 19, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    Thank you for sharing information! Yeup I did mines some time ago and I do agree with you.

You can download your favorite song or "next on the list" audio book and play it.

3. Gasaraki

Gasaraki Active Member

Why? Why make is complicated. Just make one exFAT partition and put the TeslaCam folder and a Music folder on it.

4. hakunamattata

hakunamattata Member

I have tried this and it didn't work for me, I could not load music from my USB drive. I would highly appreciate if someone has working instructions on how to do this

5. Noodles

Noodles Member

does that even work?

6. RScottyL

RScottyL Member

Yeah, recommendations are for:

(1) SSD drive (Name brand)

(2) SD Card (Endurance or High Endurance)

A USB drive is not recommended as it has the possibility to fail with all of the reads/writes

7. The_Observer

The_Observer Member

I wonder if they will add support for playing our own media files. Would be great for people that don't have premium connectivity or a bad cell coverage area.

8. Noodles

Noodles Member

are you referring to video files? like .avi .mp4?

9. The_Observer

The_Observer Member

Whoops. Yeah, video files.

10. R5 Red Five

R5 Red Five Member

Tried this and it didn't work for me, have you tried and did it work or are you assuming it will?

11. R5 Red Five

R5 Red Five Member

Did you try this, did this work as rather than make my life complicated i think i would have tried this first, and it didnt work :)

• Like x 1