Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam - SSD Feature

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

New to the site, I have a M3P in red with white interior.

First post so if this is already known...sorry!!

I wanted to reduce the USB usage after buying a 500GB SSD drive, I did wonder if you could use the same drive for both?
So using basic windows tools I partioned the drive to have x 2 ExFat partitions.

One called Teslacam (with the folder of course named on this driver for Teslacam)
and one with Music on it.

I was sceptical that it would work despite the logic saying "it should", but I am happy to say it worked fine.
Great use of space with around 300 GB reserved for Cam and a large amount for Music via USB

This of course can then me hidden in the USB hub by various makers, i have the Taptes one and it works fine.

highly recommended!

Reactions: RScottyL
Hi All,

New to the site, I have a M3P in red with white interior.

First post so if this is already known...sorry!!

I wanted to reduce the USB usage after buying a 500GB SSD drive, I did wonder if you could use the same drive for both?
So using basic windows tools I partioned the drive to have x 2 ExFat partitions.

One called Teslacam (with the folder of course named on this driver for Teslacam)
and one with Music on it.

I was sceptical that it would work despite the logic saying "it should", but I am happy to say it worked fine.
Great use of space with around 300 GB reserved for Cam and a large amount for Music via USB

This of course can then me hidden in the USB hub by various makers, i have the Taptes one and it works fine.

highly recommended!

Why? Why make is complicated. Just make one exFAT partition and put the TeslaCam folder and a Music folder on it.