Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslacam viewer slow (30 seconds) with Samsung SSD T7 500 GB

jrmnet

May 15, 2018
SF, CA
I have a Samsung SSD T7 500 GB drive that I use for the Teslacam (2018 Model 3). When launching the viewer, I have 30 seconds of a blank viewer before I can view any clips. I believe I formatted it with the option provided in the Tesla UI. Previously I had a 128 GB Samsung thumb drive, and I don't remember it being this slow.

Has anyone else experienced this? I believe this is one of the drives that others have recommended and have had good luck ith.

The drive is in a Taptes hub:

This is the drive:

Since it takes 30 seconds before I can view anything, I hardly ever review footage.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC