Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tesladashcam.com?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dash cam in no way effects AP or any other car functionality, best I can tell. Car still reads road signs and AP is as good as it ever was. Most of my road trip in the video I posted was handled by AP while also powering the dash cam.

Hello, do you have to paid the tax of 69.00 € for Belgium ?
No, you should place order, but don't proceed to the payment.
Then contact them and they will cancel the taxes for you if you provide a valid EU VAT number.

As you are in Switserland, you are automatically exempted from VAT. Same arrangement as selling to US. So if the taxes keep on the screen during ordering you should contact them.

No, you should place order, but don't proceed to the payment.
Then contact them and they will cancel the taxes for you if you provide a valid EU VAT number.

As you are in Switserland, you are automatically exempted from VAT. Same arrangement as selling to US. So if the taxes keep on the screen during ordering you should contact them.

Thanks a lot for the information.

What is the trick to remove the wiring plug from the back of the mirror? Video says to "use your thumb" and push, but I've tried every which way I can, and don't feel anything there as a release for the plug itself. As you know, it's tough working upside down with little visibility in there, and through the windshield I'm still not seeing which side or how to push a release for the plug to come out. I have a Sept 2015 build on my MS if that makes a difference. Thx in advance for the pointer.

If you have a mirror and a flashlight it may help figuring out the plug configuration. I agree that it is not an easy position to work but the plug should not be that difficult especially if it's one with a push tab and you can get a finger on it.
Tried the flashlight, mirror, and multiple attempts doing this solo before posting. Simply unable to figure out where the tab is or what needs to be pushed after at least 4 different attempts, and watching the challenging video 2 more times.

I assume there is a tab that needs to be pushed in or perhaps against the plugs that will come out. Which one?

Is that tab or thing that needs to be pushed on the top towards the roof of the MS, to the drivers or passenger side, or towards the dash?

It's just too much black for me to figure out with bifocals that became challenging in close quarters, or my fat fingers are not touching the right spots. ;)

@BertL
Push the passengerside of the plug.

I also was searching for 15 minutes, now it looks so easy!

I ordered it from the Swedish site. Delivery was fast and the package was very well protected (box in box).

Now I have another problem. I pushed the dashcam into place, but the back (side of the mirror) didn't go in well. Wanted to remove the dashcam to retry.... But can't succeed in removing it.
Think I will need to buy and try those prying tools.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: BertL
mirror.jpg

Did you succeed to remove/re-install the dash cam?

Tesla Model S Dashcam installation video:
@MickC's picture helped a lot. My next challenge was then I couldn't get the camera to then snap back in where it should at all 4 points. No significant problem putting the Tesla cap back on... I did get the camera to operate and even changed the password for it, but just couldn't get the cam snapped into it's permanent location as it should. I honestly became discouraged after working on it a few times on 3 separate days, and set the camera aside for now -- will get back to it perhaps some day.