Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi and Battery Degradation Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently started TeslaFi and am curious about the Battery Degradation Report. I am trying to understand what all the data is telling me, but I do have a couple of brain cells left and what is being reported is concerning (that's unless the data for my car and the fleet are invalid).

My car is only 5 months old and 6k in miles and what I am seeing in this report is that I am losing range compared to a majority of other users with the same car and milage. So, should I be concerned?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-05-26 184249.png
    Screenshot 2022-05-26 184249.png
    43.4 KB · Views: 251
normal - tons and tons of threads on battery loss.

search and read you'll come to the same conclusion as others. Normal. Tons of factors affecting range. driving habits, setup, ac/heat, wind, rain, temps, road surfaces, weight of cargo, and the list goes on....

Just drive and enjoy.

Basically it's telling you your charging pattern is too repetitive and the battery management system is not getting a chance to evaluate your pack's condition at different states of charge.

I followed the advice in this article and added more variability in my charging behavior and my estimated range increased by almost 20 miles. (Note, I didn't regain 20 miles of range because I never lost it in the first place, just the range reported by the BMS became more accurate with more data.)

Basically it's telling you your charging pattern is too repetitive and the battery management system is not getting a chance to evaluate your pack's condition at different states of charge.

I followed the advice in this article and added more variability in my charging behavior and my estimated range increased by almost 20 miles. (Note, I didn't regain 20 miles of range because I never lost it in the first place, just the range reported by the BMS became more accurate with more data.)
best article on this topic yet. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: flstcgranucci

How long did it take for your reported range to reset?

I allowed the car to sit/sleep across a broad ranges down to 8%.

85-70: sleep 6+ hours
70-65: sleep 6+ hours
65-50: sleep 6+ hours
50-35: sleep 6 + hours
35-25: sleep 6+ hours
25-4% charged to 8% then let sleep (then scheduled charging to 65% after 7 hours)

We have a 2 week trip so car is plugged in and sitting/sleeping

Gained 2.5 miles +/-

Teslafi: 290.2 pre battery BMS calibration now 292.65

Not bad and think the key is to let it "sit" vs. charging everytime