Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TESLAFI and STATS showing different driving efficiency?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just switched over to Stats from TeslaFi and they both show very different efficiency. Yesterday I was still using TeslaFi which showed 63% and today Stats shows 82%. Anyone know why? Maybe I had more # of drives for TeslaFi where I've only used Stats for a day but it wouldn't be that much of a difference.

TeslaFi: 63%

Screen Shot 2020-11-26 at 11.04.29 PM.png

Stats: 82%
IMG_0013.PNG

I believe these are measuring different things and labeled the same. I use Keemut.com which is pretty much spot on with Teslafi, but they give more features such as valuation, and can connect my Ford just like Tesla with their app.

I would keep teslafi for a little while to see if your car sleeps. My car would only cat nap for 11-15 minutes at a time with that app. I tried taking it out of memory, taking it off the watch and then finally deleted the app and it sleeps 9-11 hour stretches now. Which sucks, because I loved the watch feature and I like the way the app was designed.

In answer to your question, STATS probably doesn’t have as many data points. Teslafi needed several charges to 90% to get settled in.

I could be wrong but I think the efficiency that you’re referring to in Stats is not for all of your drives. I think it only shows the efficiency for the most recent drive or the last 30 miles or something like that. I used to use Stats and looked into before, but can’t remember exactly. It looks like the TeslaFi data you’re comparing to shows the efficiency for all of your drives so it’ll not an equal comparison.

The range/efficiency I have found is way off in these applications. If I am to believe Teslafi I have lost 30 miles of range in about 9 months of owning the car, ~10%... But I know that's not true as wen I drive I constantly beat its predicated range to destination numbers by a good bit.. So the car has the capacity.. but the numbers say differently.. something is wrong with the algorithm on Tesla's I feel.. Notice I say Tesla's not TeslaFi, as TeslaFi just pulls numbers from Tesla on expected range and estimated range. This means both range and efficiency numbers really have a wide margin of error.