Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to some of you mine isn’t that bad I guess
EB697F85-8AB3-41E8-A9F4-611DE431C3D5.jpeg

Can we all agree that there is something wrong with our batteries? My degradation has occurred over 3400 miles and 3 and a half months.

Attachments

• 95110E56-9CB6-4742-83AE-DBD999841062.png
    95110E56-9CB6-4742-83AE-DBD999841062.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 76
What did you do differently to get your range back?

Tried not to worry about it, and charged normally (usually 80% or 90%). I'm two weeks in the office two weeks at home, since August. I suspect the apparent range loss may be due to the changed usage pattern caused by Covid. First 5 months since new, the car did 7,000 miles - then a couple of months of nothing, then a big month with lots of supercharger visits in June, July quiet again, then the two week rotation. The drop in July coincided with a firmware update, and if the BMS was somehow reset at that time, it may have had a hard time recalibrating given the car spends two weeks with virtually no use, then two weeks normal use, alternately. The steep rise over the weekend was charging to 60% on Saturday then 80% on Sunday. I do things this way because we have solar panels and a cheap evening & weekend rate, so there's an advantage to spread the charging out over Saturday and Sunday and soak up the rays.

1. I had a nightmarish experience with Tesla model 3. Was notified thru Tesla app that I needed to get computer hardware change on the car less than 2 yrs old ,for full autopilot function(paid when bought).Nearest Tesla center was at corpus christie Texas ,2 hrs drive, and on 15th October this was done. However on 18th October ,after charging car to 270 milesat home ,Tesla app on iPhone would not connect nor the key card , which was functioning before this upgrade. icons on app were greyed out with a circle at bottom saying 'connecting' Emergency Tesla service pinged the car but could not correct it- mentioned low front battery. I was essentially locked out with my wallet and house keys in the car. Luckily I was at home. emergency help would not arrive and asked me to call next day. Next day I got text from Tesla mobile service at corpus enquiring what the issue was.I texted the whole issue again.Their text response was 'fix an appointment with Tesla app' this was dumb because the app was not 'connecting'.Then, they texted bring car on 27th October.I texted- it does not connect or open the door how will I drive. I got frustrated and called emergency Tesla service- wanting urgent help ,stating my wallet and driver license was inside car and car was useless and I myself do emergency service.After much bickering and veiled threats of contacting higher authorities , they sent someone, who I requested bring a front battery since last night there was remote assessment of such. After installing a new battery, car reconnected and is working.How come this was not picked up 3 days before at service center,Did changing hardware run out the battery. how come no warning showed on the Tesla dash board.
    However ,after battery install the tech screwed homelink garage door which stopped working after 30 min of tech trying to program it. garage would open only1 foot. He insisted that garage door was faulty. His cockiness with inexperience was striking. I went on lift master website ,then and there and fixed the garage door by reprogramming it. Apparently if you press remote too long ,it wipes the data. . He had wiped the data by pressing the remote in prolonged fashion which can wipe data. Also the trainer button on garage hardware needs to be pressed long enough to make it blink before programming home link etc.

bottom line-testa has mushroomed many service centers in the country with inexperienced techs. it does not match up with Elon's enthusiasm. Time has come for Elon to sample bow or Mercedes service center alacrity and be open minded and fix these. Given this scenario, if the elite car makers develop a comparable car, then loss will be Elon's
    They should have a centralized or few hubs of experienced techs that can guide these half baked techs, via zoom or webex. corpus christie apparently has only 2 employees and blind maybe leading the blind.This nightmare scenario of being locked out with no emergency help from Tesla with nearest service 2 hr drive makes me pause weather I should ever buy a Tesla again in a small town

1. I had a nightmarish experience with Tesla model 3. Was notified thru Tesla app that I needed to get computer hardware change on the car less than 2 yrs old ,for full autopilot function(paid when bought).Nearest Tesla center was at corpus christie Texas ,2 hrs drive, and on 15th October this was done. However on 18th October ,after charging car to 270 milesat home ,Tesla app on iPhone would not connect nor the key card , which was functioning before this upgrade. icons on app were greyed out with a circle at bottom saying 'connecting' Emergency Tesla service pinged the car but could not correct it- mentioned low front battery. I was essentially locked out with my wallet and house keys in the car. Luckily I was at home. emergency help would not arrive and asked me to call next day. Next day I got text from Tesla mobile service at corpus enquiring what the issue was.I texted the whole issue again.Their text response was 'fix an appointment with Tesla app' this was dumb because the app was not 'connecting'.Then, they texted bring car on 27th October.I texted- it does not connect or open the door how will I drive. I got frustrated and called emergency Tesla service- wanting urgent help ,stating my wallet and driver license was inside car and car was useless and I myself do emergency service.After much bickering and veiled threats of contacting higher authorities , they sent someone, who I requested bring a front battery since last night there was remote assessment of such. After installing a new battery, car reconnected and is working.How come this was not picked up 3 days before at service center,Did changing hardware run out the battery. how come no warning showed on the Tesla dash board.
    However ,after battery install the tech screwed homelink garage door which stopped working after 30 min of tech trying to program it. garage would open only1 foot. He insisted that garage door was faulty. His cockiness with inexperience was striking. I went on lift master website ,then and there and fixed the garage door by reprogramming it. Apparently if you press remote too long ,it wipes the data. . He had wiped the data by pressing the remote in prolonged fashion which can wipe data. Also the trainer button on garage hardware needs to be pressed long enough to make it blink before programming home link etc.

bottom line-testa has mushroomed many service centers in the country with inexperienced techs. it does not match up with Elon's enthusiasm. Time has come for Elon to sample bow or Mercedes service center alacrity and be open minded and fix these. Given this scenario, if the elite car makers develop a comparable car, then loss will be Elon's
    They should have a centralized or few hubs of experienced techs that can guide these half baked techs, via zoom or webex. corpus christie apparently has only 2 employees and blind maybe leading the blind.This nightmare scenario of being locked out with no emergency help from Tesla with nearest service 2 hr drive makes me pause weather I should ever buy a Tesla again in a small town
For a cardiothoracic and vascular surgeon, you write like a bot! Sorry, my brother is a CT surgeon and I give him grief all the time. It's a sibling thing.

No doubt, Tesla is stretched, but what do you expect knowing that the nearest service center is 2hrs away? There aren't dealerships in every podunk town. You have to be prepared for the growing pains, and if you can't, then you should most definitely not buy a Tesla until they've grown up.

Interestingly, my CT surgeon brother, though he lives in LA, still drives a Honda CRV hybrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.