Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P3D+ After only 1.5 months and ~3,500 miles. Every charge results in less and less range. SC says its normal. Not too happy about this. Our other two RWD 3s are showing less than 1% degradation after 7 months and 15k miles.
View attachment 344157 View attachment 344158

Same here.

I worry that we’re seeing the sort of problem that plagued the early S90Ds.

Interesting that the early RWDs from last December are doing far better than the much-newer P3Ds from this summer/fall. Perhaps it’s because the former had 24 miles of hidden/sandbagged range?

• Disagree
Reactions: P85_DA
Maybe an idea to approach Twitter @M_Steinbuch to also follow Model 3!

Maarten Steinbuch on Twitter

upload_2018-11-10_9-16-18.png

In just under 8k miles I Teslafi has had my “degradation” as much as 10%. Current full barge is 109.05 or about half a percent.
Pretty wild fluctuations. End of the day, just go drive your car. If I am going to get a new battery, I’d rather get it towards the end of my warranty period than early. Not only will you have a fresh battery, but you’ll have one made in a few years, which will likely be slightly more reliable.

If the range is so bad it’s keeping you from making trips, you’ll notice wildly off charging habits at superchargers and such. You’ll want to get it checked and maybe even replaced.

Worrying about 20-30 miles of “rated range” is ridiculous

Reactions: GigaGrunt
When you sign up for TeslaFi, are you limited to data points collected after you sign up? Or does TeslaFi have access to your pre-sign up data (perhaps stored on Tesla’s servers)? I have about 1200 miles, so I’d be curious about the statistics from the first 1200 miles if available.

@ratsbew @BioSehnsucht

Take a look at your reports. I've noticed that all the "spikes" in range were related to charges that stopped 1% short of the target (i.e. limit set to 90% but stopped at 89%). I had a feeling that this was a bug in the TeslaFi software, or at least some sort of regression bug between Tesla and TeslaFi.

TeslaFi has now applied some sort of correction to the weird data and all the spikes have been retroactively flattened. Take a look:

BEFORE
upload_2018-11-6_13-55-34-png.350379

AFTER

upload_2018-12-4_9-33-15.png

BEFORE
upload_2018-11-6_14-18-34-png.350390

AFTER
upload_2018-12-4_9-27-58-png.357785

@ibdb posted in another thread the reason for the fixes:

From the TeslaFi Change log:

3 days ago

Improvements:

• Battery degradation report will now use the charge_limit_soc field instead of the chargePercent field if the charge percentage is 1% below the set charge limit when a charge completes. Additional information has temporarily been added to the 'Included Data Points' table.
Data Logger 11.30.18.1:

• Added better error handling for a new timeout occurring during schedules

James yesterday at 9:23 a.m.

Logger 12.3.18.1:

• Reminder schedules will only run once if the reminder is false.
Improvements:

• Integrated battery level fix from 11/30/18 into charge calculations directly to display throughout site. All charge records have been reset.

After those changes to TeslaFi my graph is indeed flatter.

Has gone from 1.52% loss / 1.08% loss / 0.16 gain to 0.51% loss / 0.2% loss / 0.04% gain now.

Also after logging in I notice I set charge level to 70% not 80% like I intended to after our last trip, lol. Tells you how much range anxiety I have that I didn't even notice that for ~2 weeks I've been starting every day with 10% less range. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.