Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi - Battery Degradation Reports (upload your data)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This google sheet has a nice chart of battery information. See 'Chart' tab.
You can pretty easily fill out the form using the TeslaFI 'Battery Report' history. I did that for my son's car below.
"Tesla Battery Survey"
Tesla Battery Survey

9iOFDQZ.jpg

MTu72iv.jpg

Excellent idea!
Would it be possible to filter based on car model?

Hi @jedi2b and @scottf200,

Adding a way to filter by car model is technically possible but I think it would cause misinterpretations. Let me explain: Let's take Model 3 SR+ vs Model 3 LR AWD. Both cars have the same 2170 cells and the same battery thermal management. There is no reason for one model to degrade differently. However, a while ago Tesla changed the displayed maximum range of SR+ from 240 mi to 250 miles. This change applied to all existing SR+ cars too.

These types of changes mess things up in the survey for certain models. There are lots of errors tied to specific models because of the changes Tesla keeps making. Therefore even though this survey is good at providing an overall idea of what kind of degradation to expect, it is not good at comparisons that require precision.

Btw, there was an error with the red trendline. I've fixed that.

Last edited:
Hi @jedi2b and @scottf200,

Adding a way to filter by car model is technically possible but I think it would cause misinterpretations. Let me explain: Let's take Model 3 SR+ vs Model 3 LR AWD. Both cars have the same 2170 cells and the same battery thermal management. There is no reason for one model to degrade differently. However, a while ago Tesla changed the displayed maximum range of SR+ from 240 mi to 250 miles. This change applied to all existing SR+ cars too.

These types of changes mess things up in the survey for certain models. There are lots of errors tied to specific models because of the changes Tesla keeps making. Therefore even though this survey is good at providing an overall idea of what kind of degradation to expect, it is not good at comparisons that require precision.

Btw, there was an error with the red trendline. I've fixed that.
I definitely don't think that is a very good reason not to allow the user to decide if they want to use that feature to look at their specific model TM3 vs X/S and TM3 LR vs SR vs TMS/X 100D vs LR. It is our data and time we are providing, please so let us decide.

Heck the 3 and S/X aren't even using the same cells.

There is also a significant bias with the data since people going thru the trouble of entering the form data may be questioning their battery capacity ... meaning people who are very happy with their battery may not bother entering the data.
So If you make more flexible and useful the more people may use it.

@scottf200 , I did something similar to what you did for the survey data and plotted my data points from teslafi against the chart..
Thought this would be interesting to see to understand relative to all reported data I have access to.
Can I assume that for that exercise that you copied the G-sheet and then cut-n-pasted your data from TeslaFI vs form 15 at a time?

TeslaFI has a new BETA battery report. I suspect others have requested a comparison to similiar models as their own. Below is a support ticket I opened a week ago. They must have had this in the planning for a while.
Lot of tweaking on the settings page. I'm still figuring that out.

TeslaFI update today: Beta version of the Battery Report including fleet data can be found at Charges->Battery Report Beta. Battery Degradation Report For the fleet? / General / TeslaFi

D460joi.jpg

________________________ my support ticket -- I forget whose product/graph that is below ________________________________

Feature to compare battery to other similar models
scottf200 1 week ago • 0
The below would be a *FANTASTIC* feature for TeslaFI. You have a LOT of cars in the fleet with a wide variety of locations.

Would be nice for my son to compare his TM3 LR AWD to other LR AWDs. For me my X 100D to other X 100Ds (not LR model X tho).

Below appears to be from an iOS app: This app compares your car's battery health to other cars

c6ee739e1deeaecfee18eae9988cd774.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Bigriver
It only matched me with 1 one other P85 with >100K miles. Im winning! ;-)
Our annual mileage and and battery degradation are pretty liner (so far).n
SO, In 10 years we would have 350K miles on the odo, and a usable range of only 100-140 miles.

2020-02-24.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-24_17-35-16.png
    upload_2020-2-24_17-35-16.png
    144.1 KB · Views: 95
  • Funny
Reactions: scottf200
I’m curious how your son’s model 3 estimated full range is looking, 5 months later? It is one that has stuck in my mind as it was particularly concerning as it was relatively stable until it tanked.
Thank you for your follow up and curiosity. It has creep up some but still below average. He is not putting on 100+ miles per day for work in the past couple month tho (working from home). Set SOC to 50% for much of that. Aside: the +/- 999 max was changed recently to +/- 2000 in TeslaFI but that didn't seem to add any more data points per the settings screen display of other comparables. He/We are disappointed but not mad I would say. He does take good care of the battery and only superchargers a couple of modest roadtrips per year. As long as it stays steady then his is in OK shape as the Model 3s charger fast at superchargers. I don't think he has even had access to a v3 supercharger so far. He charges at 16a each night typically.

UMK7mCr.jpg

8Yun4gt.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: KenC
Status
Not open for further replies.