Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few months back I started playing around with a tracking website for my new Model S and it's turned into quite a hobby for me. I would like to open the site up to other users but I need a few cars to test before opening it everyone. Unfortunately I don't have any friends that own a Model S. I've attached a few screen shots of the site, if anyone is interested in trying it out please signup at teslafi.com. I'm comfortable adding a few users to make sure it's scaling correctly. I currently have it coded for U.S. Model S cars only.

The site is SSL encrypted and I do not save your tesla.com username or password, only the token provided by Tesla. The data logger is a python script storing data into a mysql database. The front end website is written in php. I'll have an option to export your mysql table at some point in the future but can do it manually at any time.

There's a ton of tweaks still to do and a LOT of features that I want to add. It's also not going to win any design awards right now but it will get there. In the meantime, it's working very well and it's a lot of fun tracking the data and interpreting it into as many ways possible. If you're interested let me know.

Some of the current features include- (See screenshots for more detail)

Tracking of Drives, Charges, Sleeps and Idles.
Tag address's with a name and icon.
View your top destinations.
View your top ten longest drives.
Monthly calendar view of drives and charges.
View all of your completed charges by percentage.
View all of your charges at different locations.
View all of your supercharges including total $ saved vs charging at home.
Sleep mode option for the data logger to allow your car to sleep when not in use.
Temperature efficiency view to see the Wh/Mile in different driving temperatures.
View a history of software updates on your car.
Hide certain drives from view.
& more........

-James

Home.png

Drive.png

Month.png

Destinations.png Longest Drives.png Completed Charges.png Charge Count At Location.png Supercharger Count.png Temperature Efficiency.png Software Updates.png

Last edited:
Thanks! Definitely will expand out once I get through some fixes and more beta testers.

Opening it outside the U.S. is not hard. It's mostly just some if statements based on the cars gui settings from the api along with some interface tweaks on the front end to display the correct measurement formats.

For now I don't want to bite of more than I can handle as far as catching bugs.

Will post within a few days (hopefully) for some more testers. I still have a list of prior requests to get to as well. I also created a Twitter account under @teslafi where I post updates done to the site.

Thanks

Hello again. I have completed a huge list of changes thanks to everyone that has been helping me test the site over the last month.

I can take on another 10 cars right now to test a few new scripts and the overall stability of the data logger. If anyone one else would like to try things out please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a link to signup. I have not added support for multiple cars on one account and accounts outside the U.S yet so please wait if these apply to you.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far!

Hello again. I have completed a huge list of changes thanks to everyone that has been helping me test the site over the last month.

I can take on another 10 cars right now to test a few new scripts and the overall stability of the data logger. If anyone one else would like to try things out please email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a link to signup. I have not added support for multiple cars on one account and accounts outside the U.S yet so please wait if these apply to you.

Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far!
Sent you an email.

Reactions: Jdeck
Everything seems to be holding up well with the new users! A handful of tweaks here and there but everything seems good so far, and with positive feedback. Please continue emailing me at [email protected] if you would like access.

I still have not had time to get to accounts outside of the U.S. or multiple cars on the same account but will soon. I will start by tying to get to the accounts outside of the U.S. first and hopefully within the next few weeks.

You can also follow my twitter account @teslafi for updates.