Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Jdeck I'm trading in my Model S for an X on Friday. I know you don't support multiple vehicles yet, but is there anything I need to do once the changeover happens? I'm assuming that my S will disappear from my tesla account and the X will appear once I take delivery.

Also, is there any way I can download the data for comparative purposes between the S & X? What happens to the old data in TFi?

Thanks again for a great service / app!

Let me give some thought to it. I had someone email me last week as well. I'll try to look into it tonight.

That must be a whole thread opportunity? :)

Install APPs on phone
Register for TeslaFi etc.
Get a list of useful URLs for car browser (there's a thread on that somewhere). evTripPlanner, PlugShare and the like
Driver Profiles are in create-order. I did Wifee's first :) I have one for "charging" with seat back and steering wheel up.
Head to both supercharger and any other types of chargers you might use early on, with a full tank, to figure out "how" without it being critical
etc. ...
I LIKE the idea of a Thread with "how to learn your car"...Hill brake was a topic I just stumbled on, never considered what happens to an electric motor while rolling in reverse. Never had to set a hill break. Must be a trove of insider-information somewhere. Some where there should be a thread - priority ordered,,,"first- learn this, then this, and now go back to the forum and she what your learned".

So - anyone want to take on the task of New Owners Thread?

I LIKE the idea of a Thread with "how to learn your car"...Hill brake was a topic I just stumbled on, never considered what happens to an electric motor while rolling in reverse. Never had to set a hill break. Must be a trove of insider-information somewhere. Some where there should be a thread - priority ordered,,,"first- learn this, then this, and now go back to the forum and she what your learned".

So - anyone want to take on the task of New Owners Thread?
There's many of them here but you have to search. There's also a decent one on the Tesla.com forum.

There's many of them here but you have to search. There's also a decent one on the Tesla.com forum.
There is a problem here - I don't know what to search FOR. A simple table listing a dozen or so "must do", would get me started. Otherwise, I start driving and explore one switch at a time. Kinda like looking for landmines by blindfold toe-tap. Gotta be a better way.

There is a problem here - I don't know what to search FOR. A simple table listing a dozen or so "must do", would get me started. Otherwise, I start driving and explore one switch at a time. Kinda like looking for landmines by blindfold toe-tap. Gotta be a better way.
Start at the Tesla.com forum and look for a sticky post called "Owners Companion". Also in the parent Model S directory here I remember some general sticky threads like that too.

Hi, @Jdeck , I sent requested screenshots via PM. Take a look when you have time.

Right now I think with Japanese and European cars the Starting/Ending Range refers to a wrong value in the logs screen, and Typical Range is correct. See attached.
Screenshot_2016-09-22-12-45-37.jpg

anyone want to take on the task of New Owners Thread?

These may be starting points. It is unfortunate that it is not possible to edit an old post, otherwise the thread starter could maintain an uptodate message at the start of the thread ... instead of having to read 55 pages! to try to extract the Goodness.

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?! (This site)

Tesla Model S Hidden Features, Tips, Tricks & Tidbits (Teslarati)

There's the Wiki (on this site) too (which would allow continuous-editing), but not sure there is anything useful there at present.

Tesla Motors Club

Apologies for off topic diversion, hopefully those of you using Waze will have been navigated around it :rolleyes:

Reactions: msnow
These may be starting points. It is unfortunate that it is not possible to edit an old post, otherwise the thread starter could maintain an uptodate message at the start of the thread ... instead of having to read 55 pages! to try to extract the Goodness.

Things you may not have discovered about your Model S?! (This site)

Tesla Model S Hidden Features, Tips, Tricks & Tidbits (Teslarati)

There's the Wiki (on this site) too (which would allow continuous-editing), but not sure there is anything useful there at present.

Tesla Motors Club

Apologies for off topic diversion, hopefully those of you using Waze will have been navigated around it :rolleyes:
Thank you wannabe- very helpful.
I've been reading every thread I can find to stay on top of AP:2, V8 and 8.1, 19" vs 21" and referral credits, and everything Tesla. It just seemed logical that someone would have distilled all this wonderful chatter into a list of ...DO THIS FIRST. Perhaps that is called "read the owners manual"

Can you please provide a link to this thread? I want to read it now too. A search of the forum for "hill brake" didn't turn up any threads with that in the title.

From manual, page 59:

"Vehicle Hold:

When Model S is stopped, Vehicle Hold continues to apply the brakes even after you remove your foot from the brake pedal. When
driving up a hill or on a flat surface, brake as you normally would and when Model S is fully stopped, the brakes remain engaged when
you release the pedal. When driving downhill, engage Vehicle Hold by applying the brakes firmly after coming to a complete stop.
Whenever Vehicle Hold is actively applying the brakes, the instrument panel displays the Vehicle Hold indicator light.
[a round circle with "H" in the center]
upload_2016-9-22_10-54-1.png
This indicator displays on the instrument panel whenever Vehicle Hold is engaged. To disengage Vehicle Hold, press the accelerator pedal or press and release the brake pedal. Shifting into Neutral also releases Vehicle Hold.

Note: After actively braking Model S for approximately 10 minutes, Model S shifts into Park and Vehicle Hold cancels. Model S also
shifts into Park if it detects that the driver has left the vehicle."

From manual, page 59:

"Vehicle Hold:

When Model S is stopped, Vehicle Hold continues to apply the brakes even after you remove your foot from the brake pedal. When
driving up a hill or on a flat surface, brake as you normally would and when Model S is fully stopped, the brakes remain engaged when
you release the pedal. When driving downhill, engage Vehicle Hold by applying the brakes firmly after coming to a complete stop.
Whenever Vehicle Hold is actively applying the brakes, the instrument panel displays the Vehicle Hold indicator light.
[a round circle with "H" in the center] View attachment 195609This indicator displays on the instrument panel whenever Vehicle Hold is engaged. To disengage Vehicle Hold, press the accelerator pedal or press and release the brake pedal. Shifting into Neutral also releases Vehicle Hold.

Note: After actively braking Model S for approximately 10 minutes, Model S shifts into Park and Vehicle Hold cancels. Model S also
shifts into Park if it detects that the driver has left the vehicle."
I use this at every traffic light. When my car was in for service and I had a pre-AP P85 without this feature I kept rolling at red lights because I'd take my foot off the pedal, expecting the hold to be there.

I use this at every traffic light. When my car was in for service and I had a pre-AP P85 without this feature I kept rolling at red lights because I'd take my foot off the pedal, expecting the hold to be there.

Yep, I have the reverse. I have an older car and really appreciate the hill hold and just general application of the brakes when stopped. On the older cars "Hill Hold...Maybe" only holds for a couple of seconds and only on more significant slopes. I actually find myself moving from the brake to the accelerator quickly like I am driving a stick in order to avoid rolling.

This has happened twice today on my last two trips. A single drive is getting chopped into what appear to be random segments. I'm not stopping or putting the car in Park. In fact, the second trip was nearly all interstate driving. Please address soon. This is filled as Bug #144.