Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it possible to record the start/end odometer for each trip? That would be very useful for business owner for logging their mileage.
That should already be in the displayed statistics. On a particular day's page, look at a drive. In the "Miles" column, you should find "miles driven", "rated miles used", and "ODO." That last one should have a number, a dash and another number after it. That's the odometer reading.

Jdeck -
I'm playing around with the TeslaFi now for 3 weeks. Well done!
What I'm wondering of: The Charge Efficiency at my location is only 47-50%. I'm using a Tesla charger which is powered by 3 phase 230V (between phases 400V). Is the calculation based on 115V?
upload_2016-10-23_21-20-13.png

The current limit was set to 13A, which means that only (3phases*13A*230V*57min/60min=) 8.52kWh could be consumed in that period of time and not 14.1 as shown!
I also got that on a supercharger (accidentally set the charge limit to 83%) after coming back to the car I adjusted to 90% to get some extra miles:
upload_2016-10-23_21-29-27.png

JDeck -

I've taken two drives and charged twice today. Today in my TeslaFi account is a blank page. I also rebooted the car in case there was a connection problem. No luck. What's up?
According to TeslaFi on Twitter, the Tesla API was down. However, I think it came back up because the day seems to show everything. Looking at the raw data, it shows it was down for about an hour from 10:34 am PT to 11:34 am PT.

Yesterday, around 15:30 PDT, I did a brief charge at the Seaside (CA) service center / Supercharger. This was notable in that I was flailing around quite a bit to get my car to release the Supercharger connector. It took me at least 3-4 tries, each of which resulted in the car starting to try to charge. It looks like TeslaFi got a little confused by this (clearly I was confused as well), because it shows that 0 RM were added for that charging session.

This is probably a "stupid owner tricks" corner case, but I thought I'd point it out.

Thanks!

Bruce.
Screen Shot 2016-10-23 at 4.42.15 PM.png

I drove from Saratoga Springs, NY to Queensbury, NY SpC to Kingston, NY SpC today between1:25 PM-4:07 PM local time. The Queensbury location and the related charging/travel stats are missing. Was this because of the aforementioned Tesla API outage?

The stats recorded for Saratoga Springs to Kingston are:
125.83 Miles Driven

-30.56 Rated Miles Used

ODO 14483.62 - 14609.45 -68 Wh/Mile

-411.8% Efficiency

Avg Speed 68 MPH -10%

-8.61 kWh

I love Teslafi btw. It is incredibly useful.

@rfmurphy81 and @Jdeck , my car is set to try to sleep from 10 pm to 9 am with the thought that TeslaFi will be checking the sleep status and if asleep, not do a full poll to wake the car up.

Thus, I knew when I first got in at 10:37 pm, I pulled up TeslaFi and choose "Start Polling". It recorded the few miles round-trip I did to double-back for the wine. When I returned to the house, the passenger stayed in the car while I went and grabbed the wine. Are you saying that TeslaFi went back to not polling even though there was someone in the car still? If so, could I request that if someone manually selects "Start Polling", TeslaFi at least waits one interval of "Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep" before stopping inside the sleep schedule window?
If the battery current went to 0 and it was in the time frame of schedule sleep mode then it skipped the Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep and stopped polling again to try to allow the car to sleep. I get what your suggesting though. I added it to the tracker and will try to incorporate it.

Jdeck -
I'm playing around with the TeslaFi now for 3 weeks. Well done!
What I'm wondering of: The Charge Efficiency at my location is only 47-50%. I'm using a Tesla charger which is powered by 3 phase 230V (between phases 400V). Is the calculation based on 115V?
View attachment 199800
The current limit was set to 13A, which means that only (3phases*13A*230V*57min/60min=) 8.52kWh could be consumed in that period of time and not 14.1 as shown!
I also got that on a supercharger (accidentally set the charge limit to 83%) after coming back to the car I adjusted to 90% to get some extra miles:
View attachment 199802

Here's a earlier reply to the first part-

Take a look at the data from the charges at home by clicking on the battery. I'm guessing it's because you have some connection issues at home which would be represented by gaps in the data. If there's a gap the calculation will copy the last good data point into the calculation. If it's a couple gaps it's no big deal but multiple gaps will not take into account the charging curve correctly. Ultimately I need to display "n/a" on instances like this on the kWh used and efficiency fields since the data is not there and it I can't interpret it correctly. This has been brought up before but I have not gotten to it yet.

As far as the supercharge, check the data as well, I do have a bug listed in the tracker for over estimating supercharges but that one seems higher than normal. If you want to PM me your username I can take a look.

As for the supercharge -
Tesla doesn't reset the kWh added if you unplug and replug or stop and start charging again without driving between. I've worked around this for a normal charge by have not done so yet for supercharges.

Yesterday, around 15:30 PDT, I did a brief charge at the Seaside (CA) service center / Supercharger. This was notable in that I was flailing around quite a bit to get my car to release the Supercharger connector. It took me at least 3-4 tries, each of which resulted in the car starting to try to charge. It looks like TeslaFi got a little confused by this (clearly I was confused as well), because it shows that 0 RM were added for that charging session.

This is probably a "stupid owner tricks" corner case, but I thought I'd point it out.

Thanks!

Bruce.
View attachment 199845
Yep, you broke it. :) It should be fixed now. I put a catch in for instances like this.

Hmm, my day is still completely blank, but my drives and charging were during the outage. So, that explains where they went.
Unfortunately the API was down for over an hour today so there was no data to collect. I added a note area that will appear for days with issues just to make it easier to see if there were any issues on a specific day.

I drove from Saratoga Springs, NY to Queensbury, NY SpC to Kingston, NY SpC today between1:25 PM-4:07 PM local time. The Queensbury location and the related charging/travel stats are missing. Was this because of the aforementioned Tesla API outage?

The stats recorded for Saratoga Springs to Kingston are:
125.83 Miles Driven

-30.56 Rated Miles Used

ODO 14483.62 - 14609.45 -68 Wh/Mile

-411.8% Efficiency

Avg Speed 68 MPH -10%

-8.61 kWh

I love Teslafi btw. It is incredibly useful.

Yes, unfortunately when the API is down it pretty much pauses TeslaFi until it can collect data again. So it missed the data from the time it went down while you were driving and started again while you were driving again.

What a great site/solution! I have one of the Model S cars that was finished the last week of August / first week of September that seems to have the random NAV / GPS dropping issue. Of course when the car was at the Tesla Service Center last week they couldn't reproduce in the rather short test drive they took it out for (thanks to Teslafi.com for showing me when/what they did on the test drive). The great news is on the drive home the NAV acted like the GPS signal had died and when I logged in to Teslafi.com it showed exactly when the NAV started going haywire. I exported the screens from that trip to PDF and sent that on to the service tech at Tesla via e-mail. They are now ordering a new GPS cable (supposedly a real pain in the butt to replace).

Enhancement request: When traveling and staying at hotels and such it would be nice when I charge if I could enter in the $ for any particular charging session. Sometimes an EV charging network like Blink or OpConnect is the only option.

Great solution!

Best,
-Mark

Reactions: ibdb