Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the API make available the driver profile that is selected while the car is in motion? If so, it would be nice if Teslafi could record the driver profile for each drive and then display driver-specific information such as total miles driven, etc.
Alas, no. Driver profile is not available via API. That would allow, for example, auto-tagging (e.g. choose one profile for business drives, one for personal drives), and all your tax mileage logging could be done automagically with a minor tweak to TeslaFi.com.

Here is a complete dump of the API data for my car under v8.0 of the firmware: Complete API data Query for Tesla Model X v8.0

Could we tweak the sleep setting options to make them location specific (or have a location-specific override)? I would love to code in my grocery store stop to be
1 - Do NOT go to sleep
2 - Leave aircon on for X minutes after exit

Also, a group of us do Sunday dinners at a friends house. I would love to put "Do NOT go to sleep" in there since we all normally head out around 11 pm and otherwise, I have my settings to engage sleep at 10 pm. I would rather override that one location than change my settings to start sleep at 11:30 pm all week for the Sunday scenario.

Ok-

In the location tagging screen there are now three checkboxes - TeslaFi Sleep Mode, Nighttime Sleep Mode, Deep Sleep Mode. Each mode is now customizable per location. If your vehicle is in that location it will abide by those settings. I've automatically put everyones locations to TeslaFi Sleep Mode enabled with Nighttime and Deep disabled. EXCEPT for your home location, this has all three modes enabled.

A couple things which I also noted in the settings page-

TeslaFi Sleep Mode-
If you have this mode turned on in the settings page your vehicle will sleep at any location that is not tagged. If it's at a tagged location it will follow the rules for that location.

Scheduled Nighttime Sleep Mode & Deep Sleep Mode-
These modes will only work at tagged locations where you have them enabled. If you park at an untagged location these will not work at all.

Each mode has to be enabled in the settings page for it to work. If a location is marked with a sleep mode but the sleep mode is off in settings it will not work.

Please let me know if you see anything that doesn't appear to be working. I also added a section in the settings page which will show you what location TeslaFi thinks your vehicle is currently at the current sleep mode settings being applied if applicable. I just set everyones current location to home so it won't mess with any sleeps tonight but it will update on your next drive.

This feature allowed me to make the data logger "location aware" which will come in handy for some more features down the road.

Now time to watch Westworld. ;-)

Last edited:
On the tagged location edit page, could you move the delete button to be much further away from cancel and save please? Alternative, could it ask for confirmation when you hit delete? I almost always use my iPhone and just accidentally deleted a tagged location when updating the sleep settings for it. I hit back hoping it would have the detailed filled in and I could re save it, but nope, it's gone.

Not really a bug nor a suggestion, but in Tokyo there are so many big underground parkings and turn tables, that GPS frequently lost control and TeslaFi logging driving into the sea or in the park etc.

Is it OK just to delete those segments? If I delete them then I lose driving data correct?

Not really a bug nor a suggestion, but in Tokyo there are so many big underground parkings and turn tables, that GPS frequently lost control and TeslaFi logging driving into the sea or in the park etc.

Is it OK just to delete those segments? If I delete them then I lose driving data correct?

I ran into a similar issue. Parked in a garage about 3 levels below ground with no cell service last night. TeslaFi showed my drive there and back as one LONG drive with hours of offline data in the middle, rather than two separate drives because the end point of the first drive had no cell coverage. The drive record shows 19.5% accuracy.

@Jdeck, was this something you were still tinkering with? The only relevant bugs I could find were 0000022: Catch "offline" status better. - TeslaFi Bug Tracker with a few linked bugs that had been closed out and 0000094: Explore Adding New Statuses Not Currently Documented - TeslaFi Bug Tracker that I opened about adding new statuses for better clarity. Perhaps with the new merging function, Issue 94 could be implemented with a split function to better manipulate the data?

On the tagged location edit page, could you move the delete button to be much further away from cancel and save please? Alternative, could it ask for confirmation when you hit delete? I almost always use my iPhone and just accidentally deleted a tagged location when updating the sleep settings for it. I hit back hoping it would have the detailed filled in and I could re save it, but nope, it's gone.
I moved the delete button over to the other side of the page shortly after you posted this.

Reactions: Cyclone

I ran into a similar issue. Parked in a garage about 3 levels below ground with no cell service last night. TeslaFi showed my drive there and back as one LONG drive with hours of offline data in the middle, rather than two separate drives because the end point of the first drive had no cell coverage. The drive record shows 19.5% accuracy.

@Jdeck, was this something you were still tinkering with? The only relevant bugs I could find were 0000022: Catch "offline" status better. - TeslaFi Bug Tracker with a few linked bugs that had been closed out and 0000094: Explore Adding New Statuses Not Currently Documented - TeslaFi Bug Tracker that I opened about adding new statuses for better clarity. Perhaps with the new merging function, Issue 94 could be implemented with a split function to better manipulate the data?

Just leave those drives for now. This was one of the reasons I implemented the data accuracy check and will get to a solution to this soon. Thanks.

@Jdeck does the indication of "Sleeps" on the top right corner of the screen not take into account deep sleeps?

I'm pretty sure deep sleep is working for me, because a charge that I started in the middle of the night (4am) only shows that it started at the time I have the car set to wake up from a deep sleep (7am), however I see zero sleeps so far.

Car ID is 799 in case you're able to look at logs. Thanks!

Hi James and all:

What's the explanation for the following record on the Leader Board's "Longest Drives By Distance":

An S90D owner drove 330.53 miles in 8 Hrs 16 Mins on 8/05/16.

Could it be that an owner could stop the car and go for a quick bathroom break during the whole 8 hours and 16 minutes but the programming code ignores such quick stops in order to report them as a very long drive?

Could an owner stitch up several trips and time and the result would appear as if it's one continuous drive?

When did paid subscription option get added?...

In this case, it's a privilege to be able to pay at last!

If you read early messages, the idea of paid access did not originate from James.

Posters kept asking for a way to pay James as an acknowledgement for his effort of writing codes for a Tesla Logger System.

So, we are very happy that a paid subscription service has been set up.

Thanks James!

• Disagree
Reactions: Duma and hiroshiy
@Jdeck does the indication of "Sleeps" on the top right corner of the screen not take into account deep sleeps?

I'm pretty sure deep sleep is working for me, because a charge that I started in the middle of the night (4am) only shows that it started at the time I have the car set to wake up from a deep sleep (7am), however I see zero sleeps so far.

Car ID is 799 in case you're able to look at logs. Thanks!
It looks like you have polling set to 0 for the deep sleep time so TeslaFi did not poll anything other than online/asleep status for the entire night. However, the API never returned 'asleep' status so as far as I can tell it never actually went to sleep. It could be the actual polling of the online/asleep status is keeping it awake but that is not the case for users that do not have 'always connected' enabled. Maybe you could try disabling 'always connected' for a night and see if it reports it's asleep.

Hi James and all:

What's the explanation for the following record on the Leader Board's "Longest Drives By Distance":

An S90D owner drove 330.53 miles in 8 Hrs 16 Mins on 8/05/16.

Could it be that an owner could stop the car and go for a quick bathroom break during the whole 8 hours and 16 minutes but the programming code ignores such quick stops in order to report them as a very long drive?

Could an owner stitch up several trips and time and the result would appear as if it's one continuous drive?
In order for a drive to make it on the list it has to be a continuous drive without the car entering P or R. When the car is driving TeslaFi updates 3-4 times a minute so it's highly unlikely it would have missed a stop. There's also some catches so it throws out drives with large amounts of offline or unknown data where a stop could have been made or a charge done. I've actually looked through the data on that drive before and just did again. There are no stops and only a few points where the data is missing but the odometer difference between the missing data doesn't indicate a stop happened.

I'm not sure if he's on this forum but if he is maybe he can shed some light on the drive. I'd be curious to know as well.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Tam
I am seeing some daily display mapping issues on the daily trip data.... you probably are aware of this? From location is OK, but to Location is the same as From and then everything after that is formatted into the next field...
You have the Tesla Milford location tagged twice so it's pulling both of them up which is throwing the table off. Just delete on of those and it should be back to normal. I've built a couple catches to warn of things like this when creating tags but some of them slip by.

Hi James:

How will the program track multiple Teslas that share the same user name and password?

I ask because I need to get ready to get a non-performance Model X 100D when it will be available soon after August, 2016 as promised by Elon (in addition to my current classic 2012 Model S.)

Hi James:

How will the program track multiple Teslas that share the same user name and password?

I ask because I need to get ready to get a non-performance Model X 100D when it will be available soon after August, 2016 as promised by Elon (in addition to my current classic 2012 Model S.)
Multiple vehicle support is already built in. Once you receive the second vehicle just create a new TeslaFi account and you'll see an option in the settings page to choose which vehicle to log.

• Informative
Reactions: Tam
Hi James:

Would you please also add a (religious neutral) Cemetery icon too:

GPX_95_cemetery.png

or

grave-512.png