Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just checked the logs and a quick scan shows it sent you about 6 sleep emails and 1 software notification to in the past 24 hours. Are you still not receiving anything? It only sends out emails during during the day, not during Nighttime Sleep Mode as well.
Just found them in my "Junk" folder. Looks like software update emails come from [email protected] and I get them fine but sleep emails come from [email protected] and are now going to junk. I created a contact for [email protected] to see if it fixes it. Not sure if you changed the email address or if outlook is just seeing it as spam but I'll let you know if my workaround helps.

Just found them in my "Junk" folder. Looks like software update emails come from [email protected] and I get them fine but sleep emails come from [email protected] and are now going to junk. I created a contact for [email protected] to see if it fixes it. Not sure if you changed the email address or if outlook is just seeing it as spam but I'll let you know if my workaround helps.

Thanks. I did change the from email to [email protected]. Any replies back to that email now go to a helpdesk system which helps me organize support emails.

Am a happy subscriber. Would love a "tax man" button that allows me to get a csv or xls file that excludes all trips with a specific start and end point. Basically I want to type in my home address, and my work address, and get a total mileage count that excludes commuting miles.

Am a happy subscriber. Would love a "tax man" button that allows me to get a csv or xls file that excludes all trips with a specific start and end point. Basically I want to type in my home address, and my work address, and get a total mileage count that excludes commuting miles.
Thanks. I can add a feature request but you should be able to do this easily with Excel as well. If you go to the Tagged Drives Search page and enter the dates in the search area but leave the tag empty it will show you all drives from that period. Then export the file, and sort by the starting address field to delete the drives starting at the location you want to get rid of and repeat on the ending address.

@Jdeck --

I just discovered the option to show battery heater status in TeslaFi. To be honest, I looked for it because the developer of Tesla Cockpit has added battery status options. It turns out that it does not appear that my car is correctly reporting battery heater status, or it is correctly reporting it, but it literally never comes on.

My wife forgot to turn range mode on when she left for work this morning. The pack had not charged enough to warm the pack. (It only charged for a few minutes.)

So...the pack heater should have come on when she started preheating the car on shore power, with range mode off, some time around 8:00 or 8:15 AM this morning

If for some reason the battery heater did not turn on with cabin preheating, it should have turned o when she started her drive at 8:36 AM this morning. My guess is it may have then turned off roughly 30-40 minutes later.

Finally, it should have been on again when she started her drive this afternoon, at 4:45 PM, and then turned off just five or ten minutes later, when she turned on range mode.

Looking at TeslaFi, everything in the battery heater column is "false."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

@Jdeck --

I just discovered the option to show battery heater status in TeslaFi. To be honest, I looked for it because the developer of Tesla Cockpit has added battery status options. It turns out that it does not appear that my car is correctly reporting battery heater status, or it is correctly reporting it, but it literally never comes on.

My wife forgot to turn range mode on when she left for work this morning. The pack had not charged enough to warm the pack. (It only charged for a few minutes.)

So...the pack heater should have come on when she started preheating the car on shore power, with range mode off, some time around 8:00 or 8:15 AM this morning

If for some reason the battery heater did not turn on with cabin preheating, it should have turned o when she started her drive at 8:36 AM this morning. My guess is it may have then turned off roughly 30-40 minutes later.

Finally, it should have been on again when she started her drive this afternoon, at 4:45 PM, and then turned off just five or ten minutes later, when she turned on range mode.

Looking at TeslaFi, everything in the battery heater column is "false."

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The last time your battery_heater_on was true was on 1/17 if you want to look at the raw data from that day. You can also download your raw data from the setting page and sort from there. You have 131 out of 200,491 data points stored on TeslaFi indicating that the battery_heater_on status was true.

I don't know what causes it to turn on/off to be honest with you, but TeslaFi is capturing the data.

@Jdeck --

Another quick question: is there any way to see if the battery heater was on at times when the car was plugged in and pre-heating? The drives all start with the first entry in the log being in "park", but by then I would have unplugged the car, which would, presumably, have turned off battery heating.

I know battery heating should be taking place with the car driving in the cold, if the pack is cold, and range mode is off. It should also be heating the pack with range mode off, if it is plugged in, and preheating the cabin. I'm wondering if there is any way to see the status at that time.

Thanks!

Edit: One thing I could do is start a charge, and immediately start pre-heating, as that should turn on the battery heater, but I'm wondering if there are other ways to check as well, since I never did that in the past, and I think there is a problem now.

@Jdeck --

Another quick question: is there any way to see if the battery heater was on at times when the car was plugged in and pre-heating? The drives all start with the first entry in the log being in "park", but by then I would have unplugged the car, which would, presumably, have turned off battery heating.

I know battery heating should be taking place with the car driving in the cold, if the pack is cold, and range mode is off. It should also be heating the pack with range mode off, if it is plugged in, and preheating the cabin. I'm wondering if there is any way to see the status at that time.

Thanks!

Edit: One thing I could do is start a charge, and immediately start pre-heating, as that should turn on the battery heater, but I'm wondering if there are other ways to check as well, since I never did that in the past, and I think there is a problem now.
You can look in the raw data page for the dates of the drives you're trying to look at. I would suggest downloading your data so you can sort and view more fields to find what your looking for.

You can look in the raw data page for the dates of the drives you're trying to look at. I would suggest downloading your data so you can sort and view more fields to find what your looking for.

Thanks. I exported all my data, and have been looking through it.

I am fairly certain there is something wrong with my battery heater, and will be calling Tesla to check. I have a question, though, for other Teslafi users:

My understanding is that in general, the battery heater should come on when it is cold if you are driving with range mode off and also if you are connected to shore power, have range mode off, and are preheating the cabin. Do others actually see their battery heater status as "True" when the car is in park, and pre-heating? I checked this by looking at shift state and fan speed, along with battery heater status, and it does not look like my battery heater was ever on--even when it was working--when the car was preheating. I'm really interested if any of you see the battery heater status as true (on) when preheating the cabin.

Thanks!

I've seen differing views on that, but I'd like it to be true! How about selecting MAX BATTERY POWER whilst on shore power? presumably that should force battery heater on?

Max Battery Power can't be selected via API, which means we'd have to go out to the car to utilize that option. That's one problem with it. Another is that there is a warning when using that option that indicates it is not great for the longevity of the battery. While that may only apply to allowing it to heat the battery fully, and may not apply at all if one only heats the battery partially, it is still an option I'm not going to use. (Eliminating the regen braking limit is just not that important to me.)

I am fairly certain there is something wrong with my battery heater, and will be calling Tesla to check. I have a question, though, for other Teslafi users:

My understanding is that in general, the battery heater should come on when it is cold if you are driving with range mode off and also if you are connected to shore power, have range mode off, and are preheating the cabin. Do others actually see their battery heater status as "True" when the car is in park, and pre-heating? I checked this by looking at shift state and fan speed, along with battery heater status, and it does not look like my battery heater was ever on--even when it was working--when the car was preheating. I'm really interested if any of you see the battery heater status as true (on) when preheating the cabin.

Thanks!

Tesla called me back and left a message, saying that my logs looked fine, and that there would be an alert if there was anything wrong. I tried to call back, to ask how that would explain the fact that my battery heater has not been on since January 17, but I only reached a voicemail box.

I could really use some help on this, as outlined above. I'd really appreciate confirmation, from people who live in at least reasonably cold climates, that:

1) If you drive in the cold, when the battery is cold, with range mode off, you can see "true" in the field for battery heater on, using TeslaFi.
2) If you preheat the cabin when it is cold, with range mode off and the car plugged in, you can see "true" in the field for battery heater on, using TeslaFi.

Anyone who can respond with info on your car for 1 or 2 above would really help me out in getting to the bottom of this.

Thanks!

I live and drive in cold climates :).
I did an export of my data, opened it in excel, added a filter at the top, and filtered battery_heater_on = True messages.
The log shows battery heating active on only 4 days in january, and I am using preheating before all drives, range mode is off, car is plugged in.
The dates were 14th, 15th, 16th and once on the 20th of january..
I also looked at the timestamps when battery_heater_on was True and compared them with the drives logged in teslafi. All of the timestamps are from the beginning (first minutes) of the drives, not from preheating before driving.

I live and drive in cold climates :).
I did an export of my data, opened it in excel, added a filter at the top, and filtered battery_heater_on = True messages.
The log shows battery heating active on only 4 days in january, and I am using preheating before all drives, range mode is off, car is plugged in.
The dates were 14th, 15th, 16th and once on the 20th of january..
I also looked at the timestamps when battery_heater_on was True and compared them with the drives logged in teslafi. All of the timestamps are from the beginning (first minutes) of the drives, not from preheating before driving.

This is very helpful! Thank you!

So it appears that perhaps, based on our two data points, that the car is NOT actually heating the battery pack when the cabin is preheating. Since the common belief here on TMC is that it does, I am wondering if Tesla changed that at some point. I will start a new thread on that subject.

When your battery heater showed as being on at the beginning of some drives, I assume range mode was off, right? Do you have similar drives, also with range mode off, when the heater did not come on, and where you would expect the battery to have been cold? (If you had just completed a charge, the battery would have been warmed from that, and that could be the reason the heater did not come on in those cases.) I guess what I am asking is are there times that you would have expected to see the heater had come on, when it did not.

Again, many thanks!

Or perhaps Tesla does not report reliable battery heater messages?

I would have expected to see a lot more entries with battery heating on, and I find it hard to believe there have been no battery heating after 20th of january. We have had temperatures at around 0 deg C (+-2 deg or so) in january.
I park in a garage at home, but it is cold and non-insulated. I always plug in when I get home from work, and dont bother with scheduled charging, which means a lot of the time charging is completed at around midnight or so, and the next drive is at least 8 hours later parked in a cold garage.

Range Mode has been off all the time (I havent had any drives that needed it and I want have full power available for heating).

This is very helpful! Thank you!

So it appears that perhaps, based on our two data points, that the car is NOT actually heating the battery pack when the cabin is preheating. Since the common belief here on TMC is that it does, I am wondering if Tesla changed that at some point. I will start a new thread on that subject.

When your battery heater showed as being on at the beginning of some drives, I assume range mode was off, right? Do you have similar drives, also with range mode off, when the heater did not come on, and where you would expect the battery to have been cold? (If you had just completed a charge, the battery would have been warmed from that, and that could be the reason the heater did not come on in those cases.) I guess what I am asking is are there times that you would have expected to see the heater had come on, when it did not.

Again, many thanks!

I'd be happy to compare notes and look at my car's history if you want to open a thread about it. Fair warning though that I'm still on 7.1, so that may behave differently.

• Helpful
Reactions: Andyw2100