Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It shows the preconditioning icon if there was more than 5 minutes of heating or cooling during that idle session. Let me know if it needs a different title associated with it vs preconditioning. Thanks.

Isn't 5 minutes pretty arbitrary? Any sample would be nice. I try to keep my pre-warming less than 5 minutes, because otherwise it's just wasting energy.

Isn't 5 minutes pretty arbitrary? Any sample would be nice. I try to keep my pre-warming less than 5 minutes, because otherwise it's just wasting energy.
I can add a field in setting to customize the number. Nearly all idles have a minute or two of fan_status above 0 due to the fan coming on when you get into the car and the time it takes to actually put the car into D or R. You would probably want to keep that number above 2 so all idles don't show as preconditioning but I'll put some notes in there.

us Brits would prefer a date that is unambiguous. This looks to me like 11-Dec. Putting the month name in the date would be fine - we'll cope with "Nov 12, 2016" (even though our preference would be "12 Nov 2016"). Obviously if you can use a locale format that would be great, but just un-ambiguous would do me.
I put in a date format selection in the measurements section of the settings page. Will that work or should I add more options? The selection displays throughout the site, if I missed any please let me know as well.

I put in a date format selection in the measurements section of the settings page. Will that work or should I add more options? The selection displays throughout the site, if I missed any please let me know as well.
That's great, thanks!
I'm not sure why, but the international date format looks odd to me written with slashes; I've only ever seen it use dashes as separators (YYYY-MM-DD).

Reactions: Jdeck
I put in a date format selection in the measurements section of the settings page. Will that work or should I add more options?

That's great, thanks :) Certainly works fine for me as a Brit.

Not sure if it is needed, but it's a long way to scroll down to the SUBMIT button at the bottom of CONFIG now. I wonder if some people may expect it to be auto-saving or somesuch and miss that button? Perhaps repeat the SUBMIT button at the top? (Personally I think it would be better if it said SAVE). These are very minor things though

Your raw data feed (at least for my S) has binary fields for each of my four doors + both trunks. You could make the preconditioning flag dependent on all doors and the rear trunk being 0.

That's great, thanks :) Certainly works fine for me as a Brit.

Not sure if it is needed, but it's a long way to scroll down to the SUBMIT button at the bottom of CONFIG now. I wonder if some people may expect it to be auto-saving or somesuch and miss that button? Perhaps repeat the SUBMIT button at the top? (Personally I think it would be better if it said SAVE). These are very minor things though
I changed the button to Save and will look at some other options to possibly make some of the sections in there collapsable so it's not as long.

Love the new(er) data you are showing on charges, but would recommend you look at the method for calculating average voltage and amps.

It appears (I haven't done the exact math) that the calculation is taking into account time when the charger is not actually active and therefore the averages are too low.

Thanks!

Thanks, you're right. I just corrected it.
Thanks for the fix. Now the colors option (which I really like, btw) seems to not be working for me. Only red works:

upload_2017-2-9_18-15-58.png

Thanks for the fix. Now the colors option (which I really like, btw) seems to not be working for me. Only red works:

View attachment 214053
I added a little note in the settings page today that you may need to clear your browser cache. Someone else emailed me about this earlier today.

If you're using Chrome:
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. On your browser toolbar, tap More .
  3. Tap History, and then tap Clear browsing data.
  4. Under "Clear browsing data," select the checkboxes for Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
  5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete.
  6. Tap Clear browsing data.

I added a little note in the settings page today that you may need to clear your browser cache. Someone else emailed me about this earlier today.

If you're using Chrome:
  1. Open Chrome.
  2. On your browser toolbar, tap More .
  3. Tap History, and then tap Clear browsing data.
  4. Under "Clear browsing data," select the checkboxes for Cookies and site data and Cached images and files.
  5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete.
  6. Tap Clear browsing data.
Once again, thanks!

Not really a bug nor a suggestion, but in Tokyo there are so many big underground parkings and turn tables, that GPS frequently lost control and TeslaFi logging driving into the sea or in the park etc.

Is it OK just to delete those segments? If I delete them then I lose driving data correct?

I ran into a similar issue. Parked in a garage about 3 levels below ground with no cell service last night. TeslaFi showed my drive there and back as one LONG drive with hours of offline data in the middle, rather than two separate drives because the end point of the first drive had no cell coverage. The drive record shows 19.5% accuracy.

@Jdeck, was this something you were still tinkering with? The only relevant bugs I could find were 0000022: Catch "offline" status better. - TeslaFi Bug Tracker with a few linked bugs that had been closed out and 0000094: Explore Adding New Statuses Not Currently Documented - TeslaFi Bug Tracker that I opened about adding new statuses for better clarity. Perhaps with the new merging function, Issue 94 could be implemented with a split function to better manipulate the data?

Just leave those drives for now. This was one of the reasons I implemented the data accuracy check and will get to a solution to this soon. Thanks.

I added a 'Split Drive' feature to break drives that contain more than 10 minutes of offline data into two separate drives. If a drive is splittable, a new icon will appear with the usual buttons on the side of the drive. When you click on this split button it will take you to a new page where you can review the proposed split in data before committing to the change.

split.png

Hey thanks for the new updates! I love them! colouring is just perfect!

I might have just one or two questions for features. (on top of the already asked charge costs adjustments per location)
Can you show the Name of the Car instead of "S85" in various menus?
And may you also allow to list kW/h of range lost instead of range? I don't care about range shown, thats why I use percentage all about the car I can.

That would be really great for me.

I'm running into a problem that I can't access my car. VisibleTesla, TeslaFi, Remote S & the Tesla app all don't have connection or history after I arrived at work this morning.

I suspect TeslaFi + VisibleTesla is over threshold in number of queries. I was thinking of setting up a proxy service to buffer data and slow down requests to an acceptable level to the Tesla Mothership. Meanwhile, is there a setting in TeslaFi to slow down queries? I didn't see any in the settings page.

I'm running into a problem that I can't access my car. VisibleTesla, TeslaFi, Remote S & the Tesla app all don't have connection or history after I arrived at work this morning.

I suspect TeslaFi + VisibleTesla is over threshold in number of queries. I was thinking of setting up a proxy service to buffer data and slow down requests to an acceptable level to the Tesla Mothership. Meanwhile, is there a setting in TeslaFi to slow down queries? I didn't see any in the settings page.
There is not a setting to change the polling time. Have you tried a reboot of the car? It looks like your status went online->waking->unknown. I've seen the unknown status before and it's usually cleared up with a reboot or just waiting it out.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy and Ulmo