Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't seem to get the car to go to sleep - it will sometimes get to the last minute of the 15 minute time frame and then wakes up again when I look at the raw API data. I just end up with 24 hours of idle each of the days. The car has 17.11.10 installed. I've only been using teslafi for a week or so and only on that firmware version so don't know if it would have worked before the last update.

I've got always connected ON and power savings ON. The car is sitting without charging for several days outside. The vampire power loss of ~3% per day isn't a big deal for this trip but I want to get this sorted out for a trip next week that will be longer.

I've got Teslafi sleep mode on (though the footnotes make it seem that this may not work if always connected is ON) with the default time periods. I've also got scheduled night sleep mode on. The location is tagged as being OK for all sleep modes.

I don't have access to my car to change any settings that can't be done remotely. I'm wondering if you can sleep at all with always connected = ON - and does anyone know if you can change that setting remotely? Could Remote S and/or the Tesla phone apps be messing this up? I'm not opening them during these failed time periods. I just set them to no background refresh on my iphone as an experiment so will see how that works.

Here's a screenshot of the raw data. The car gets to the 30 minute waiting period and then starts the 15 minute countdown and always right at the end it fails. There's a couple of these each day however interestingly it doesn't consistently keep trying. It also doesn't ever do the night time sleep.

View attachment 222237

Thanks
If you have Always Connected checked the only Sleep Mode that works is Deep Sleep Mode.

A minor but somewhat confusing bug: I've been annotating recent Supercharges with stall information (why I don't know, I just felt like it). From the daily view, I click on the notepad icon for the Supercharging session in question, enter my comment, and press Submit. When the page refreshes, that one session that I'd just edited seems to have replaced all of the charging sessions for that day. If I navigate away from that daily page and back again, everything's back to normal.

Probably easiest if I just show what's wrong, so here's a screenshot:

View attachment 221762

In this case I've just added an annotation to a charging session at LA/Hawthorne. The next two charging sessions should show Oxnard and Atascadero, but they've both been replaced by the LA/Hawthorne entry. (There are other charging sessions before and after these that were similarly affected.) If I reload the page, all is well.

Bruce.

EDIT: PS. It also seems like if I've annotated any of the charging sessions on a day's page, all of the charging sessions for that day have the notepad icon underneath their data, regardless of whether I'd added an annotation for that particular charging session or not. This quirk persists across page reloads.
This should be corrected now. I also added anchors to take you to the session being edited.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Thanks for your fix! Not sure 100%, but the bad coordinate while charging still seems to have that Florida USA? Will check tomorrow again.
I also put a note in the data to indicate if the lat/long has been replaced due to the bug. If you look at the raw data under the has_spoiler data it will show 'LatLongBug' instead of True/False. Just so you know when the fix is being applied.

Sleep issues FYI:

If you have cabin overheat protection enabled and it gets warm out, your car will likely not sleep until the car stops trying to keep the cabin cool.

I swore my wife was checking up on my car all day when in fact it was the cabin overheat protection kicking in and not allowing it to sleep. Once I turned that off, BOOM, asleep. Something to keep in mind as we head into warmer weather here in the US...

Sleep issues FYI:

If you have cabin overheat protection enabled and it gets warm out, your car will likely not sleep until the car stops trying to keep the cabin cool.

Yep I was experiencing the same thing a few weeks ago. I park in an open lot with zero shade and I was losing around 8 miles a day til I shut it off. And it wasn't even that hot yet... maybe low 90's. I can't imagine what it would have been like at 115!

upload_2017-4-18_9-52-15.png

What causes the little car to sometimes be red & sometimes be gray? Based on the days that I see it as red I think it has something to do with charging to 100%, but I'm not sure...

Very interesting! Thank you! Is there a spot in TeslaFi that shows what my average daily mileage is? My mileage on a daily basis varies wildly since I usually walk to work and if I do drive it's only 2.8 miles round trip, so I don't have consistent mileage due to commuting.
Sorry for the delay responding. The icon shows as red when you drive over 100 miles in one day. I built it in a while ago just to make it a little easier to determine which days had high milage.

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
@Jdeck - thanks for adding the map to the calendar page. It's a really neat feature! During March I went back and tagged the Superchargers from a previous road trip. Those Superchargers now show on the March map, even though I didn't visit them in March. I'm not sure if this is accidental or intentional behavior so I wanted to show you what I'm seeing. Thanks!
upload_2017-4-20_9-12-13.png

Reactions: Cyclone
@Jdeck - thanks for adding the map to the calendar page. It's a really neat feature! During March I went back and tagged the Superchargers from a previous road trip. Those Superchargers now show on the March map, even though I didn't visit them in March. I'm not sure if this is accidental or intentional behavior so I wanted to show you what I'm seeing. Thanks!
View attachment 223685
+1

Now I can (retroactively) stalk my wife much more easily :)

• Funny
Reactions: msnow
View attachment 223685
Thanks. It is fun to see large amounts of data like that.

I did set it up to basically search for tags that were created during the current month and display them on the map. I could have it run through some more scripts to determine first time visits to locations but I'm afraid it would slow things down. I tried to keep everything it as simple as possible to keep the page load time similar to what it was.

You're one step away from something I've wanted my entire life.

I want to see a map just like that, but everywhere I've *ever* driven in my life.

Well, maybe more than one step. :)

I added a "Lifetime" link to the bottom of the calendar page which will show you every drive you've taken in your TeslaFi lifetime. It's as close as I can get to your lifetime. :)

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 3.33.19 PM.png

I set the opacity to 25% so it highlights common routes better.