Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to have some "teleportations" even though good data exists. i.e. recorded round trip for 600 miles, each direction looks fine on it's own, but I see a giant straight line between the end points for the month.

I should add if I go to lifetime, some of the teleportations disappear, and others show up.

I seem to have some "teleportations" even though good data exists. i.e. recorded round trip for 600 miles, each direction looks fine on it's own, but I see a giant straight line between the end points for the month.

I should add if I go to lifetime, some of the teleportations disappear, and others show up.
If you can email [email protected] or pm me your username or car id I can take a look. I did rewrite the script for the lifetime to map each drive individually which is probably why your seeing differences between the two. I'll carry over the changes into the monthly view. Let me know and I'll take a look though.

Reactions: hiroshiy
Seems Tesla has changed how sleep mode works with 8.1. I am on 17.14.35 and have found my car taking naps during the day on the last couple of days where my car was parked all day. Since James has not mentioned any changes in TeslaFi, other then the work around for the missing battery current value, my conclusion is something has changed in either the Tesla software in the car or Tesla's servers.

For the record I do not have TeslaFi sleep mode enabled during the day, although I do have night time sleep and deep sleep enabled for my home location. Prior to 17.14.35, my car might stay asleep during the morning, continuing its night time sleep. But once the car woke up for the day, it stayed awake until the scheduled evening sleep period. I do have power saving selected and always connected unselected.

Looking back, this behavior seems consistent since installing 17.14.35 about 10 days ago. The car takes naps during the day, even if it wakes up for a bit before going back to sleep. (Raw data shows state of online followed by asleep.) So far, I only see the naps if before the car has been driven on a particular day. Once I've driven the car on a given day, it no longer takes naps that day.

Hmmm... my car is having issues sleeping again. It is again parked for an extended period of time. First day, slept like a champ... all 24 hours. Last few days though, hasn't slept at all (and battery has been dropping like a rock... it is not plugged in currently).

My only speculation is that maybe having a software update available prevents it from sleeping (or it is trying to download an update?)

Reactions: hiroshiy
Hmmm... my car is having issues sleeping again. It is again parked for an extended period of time. First day, slept like a champ... all 24 hours. Last few days though, hasn't slept at all (and battery has been dropping like a rock... it is not plugged in currently).

My only speculation is that maybe having a software update available prevents it from sleeping (or it is trying to download an update?)
I think so. It seems when the update is downloading the car doesn't sleep.

I added a "Lifetime" link to the bottom of the calendar page which will show you every drive you've taken in your TeslaFi lifetime. It's as close as I can get to your lifetime. :)
This is so cool! I hope I'll be able to take a trip out to NY in my Tesla and one to CA so that I will have all four corners of the US on my map.
upload_2017-5-4_16-12-50.png