Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, lots of requests out there! Keep up the good work and I appreciate your devotion to this product.

My question (not really a request) is that I still have Florida if I do lifetime view of my trips. Is there any way to remove that? Also, my data has old Sig model S which I sold, and new model X I currently drive. Is there a way to separate them? It seems I have mixed data wrt average power consumption.

Hi, sometime around May 25 my car stopped staying in sleep mode. Now it goes into sleep from about 1 to 8 minutes, and then will wake up and be in Park mode for a few minutes to a few hours, before repeating the cycle all through the night.

I haven't had any recent software updates (I'm on 17.17.4 since 5/9). On May 22, I generated a new token since my original one was about to expire, and on May 23, there was a message on the summary page for that date saying "A server issue caused logging to fail between 10:35 AM through 12:05 PM CST.".

I'm on T-mobile, but I don't have "text sleep alerts" on, nor do I receive any text messages from Teslafi.com (per the other person having that problem earlier this month).

Any ideas what's happening?

Hi, sometime around May 25 my car stopped staying in sleep mode. Now it goes into sleep from about 1 to 8 minutes, and then will wake up and be in Park mode for a few minutes to a few hours, before repeating the cycle all through the night.

I haven't had any recent software updates (I'm on 17.17.4 since 5/9). On May 22, I generated a new token since my original one was about to expire, and on May 23, there was a message on the summary page for that date saying "A server issue caused logging to fail between 10:35 AM through 12:05 PM CST.".

I'm on T-mobile, but I don't have "text sleep alerts" on, nor do I receive any text messages from Teslafi.com (per the other person having that problem earlier this month).

Mine is doing the same thing, and I also have T-mobile and no text or mail alerts either - used to sleep all through the night like a baby, now, wakes up every hour for minutes to 10's of minutes, then goes back to sleep (17.17.17) SeaDoc is my user name

Hi, lots of requests out there! Keep up the good work and I appreciate your devotion to this product.

My question (not really a request) is that I still have Florida if I do lifetime view of my trips. Is there any way to remove that? Also, my data has old Sig model S which I sold, and new model X I currently drive. Is there a way to separate them? It seems I have mixed data wrt average power consumption.
I actually already have the Florida coordinates filtered out. For some reason on 11/11/16 the API reported your car in Thailand for a few minutes. I manually pasted in previous lat/lon's for the minutes and it looks good now.

No, there's no way to separate them at this point aside from deleting all of the data from the old car. This should work but I've never tried it.

The other option is to create a new account and start logging fresh from the new car. I can move your subscription over to the new account and the old account would still be there if you want to access it.

If you want to go with either of those routes please enter a ticket in the help system.

Reactions: hiroshiy

Mine is doing the same thing, and I also have T-mobile and no text or mail alerts either - used to sleep all through the night like a baby, now, wakes up every hour for minutes to 10's of minutes, then goes back to sleep (17.17.17) SeaDoc is my user name

Hi, T-Mobile is a real pain getting email to text messages through. It's working with other carriers but after multiple multiple attempts to get them through t-mobile it's still not working. I'm not done trying yet.

I created a article on sleeping in the help section: My car is not sleeping! / Knowledge base Forum / TeslaFi

If none of the steps at the bottom of the article help please open a support ticket and I'll take a look at the raw data.

Thanks

I did take a look at your help section. The only issue that I can surmise is that it has gotten warmer in the Desert and I do have it on auto cool if the heat goes above 100+ so it may be automatically getting out of sleep mode to check the temperature, then goes back to sleep. Does that reasoning make sense to you?

I did take a look at your help section. The only issue that I can surmise is that it has gotten warmer in the Desert and I do have it on auto cool if the heat goes above 100+ so it may be automatically getting out of sleep mode to check the temperature, then goes back to sleep. Does that reasoning make sense to you?
I've personally never tested it but there have been a couple people that have told me it caused sleep issues. I would try it if you've already tried changed your password on Tesla.com.

Hi, T-Mobile is a real pain getting email to text messages through. It's working with other carriers but after multiple multiple attempts to get them through t-mobile it's still not working. I'm not done trying yet.

I created a article on sleeping in the help section: My car is not sleeping! / Knowledge base Forum / TeslaFi

If none of the steps at the bottom of the article help please open a support ticket and I'll take a look at the raw data.

Thanks

Thanks for these steps. I had done all steps without success, save one - changing my Tesla account password to lock out any other offending apps or API uses. Couldn't think of any apps that might be querying, as I'd uninstalled one or two other apps that I'd tried, and even asked my wife to uninstall the official Tesla app from her phone for debugging purposes.

But finally got around to changing the Tesla account password today, and sure enough, a few hours later I got a message from a service trying to connect to my Tesla. It turns out that I use OhmConnect, a demand-response provider for my local electric utility that rewards consumers who use less electricity during certain periods - one option of the service is that you can have OhmConnect turn off certain connected devices during these periods. I forgot that on May 25th, I saw that OhmConnect supports many brands of electric cars including Tesla, and I let OhmConnect monitor and connect to my Tesla account and vehicle.

That's precisely when I started having the sleep problems. What OhmConnect will do during demand-response periods is tell EV's to postpone charging, and even though there were no periods in the past week, apparently it is pinging the car every hour or so to make sure it has a connection, thereby keeping it from staying in sleep. I've since disconnected my Tesla from OhmConnect, as this unfortunately side effect is that the car would be using more electricity, not less, overall.

So my car looks like it's back to sleeping fine.

So what are the benefits of sleeping? Why does a car need to sleep? How many hours of sleep does the car need every day? What happens if the car doesn't get enough sleep?
In short as @msnow said.

If you turn off energy saving mode, it won't sleep. That just cause the car to turn on quickly, and more vampire drain = slightly higher electricity cost. If it sleeps, if you come to the car while sleeping, it will take like 10-20 seconds to turn on the car. During that time you can't start driving.

Reactions: msnow
In short as @msnow said.

If you turn off energy saving mode, it won't sleep. That just cause the car to turn on quickly, and more vampire drain = slightly higher electricity cost. If it sleeps, if you come to the car while sleeping, it will take like 10-20 seconds to turn on the car. During that time you can't start driving.
I've seen comments like that (10-20 seconds to turn on the car) before, yet when I get in my wife's car (which is almost always sleeping) by the time I sit down, close the door and press the brake pedal (~ 5 seconds) the car is on and ready to go into reverse.

Maybe the older 85s (like my wife's) woke more quickly?

I've seen comments like that (10-20 seconds to turn on the car) before, yet when I get in my wife's car (which is almost always sleeping) by the time I sit down, close the door and press the brake pedal (~ 5 seconds) the car is on and ready to go into reverse.

I have a car built 11/16 and it wakes pretty fast when you get inside. It almost never slows down departure at all and even then by literally a few seconds. Sometimes I will see a Tesla log only on the instrument panel as it boots but it's really fast. It does however significantly slow down connection from remote apps. Which I can live with.

It depends on how you start driving the car I guess. Do you unplug the car before starting? Also do you open other door(s) than the driver's side first to put your jackets or bag then open the driver's side? If so it will take 10 or more seconds to get to the driver's door, and you won't see the car starting message. Try go directly to the driver's door without unplugging and sit on the seat to see how long it actually takes.

But I think the startup time of 10-20 seconds are perfectly acceptable in my opinion.

Reactions: msnow

My early 2013 takes about 10 seconds. I often hit the brakes a good three or four times in impatience after sitting down, buckling, and closing my door; waiting for the car to start so I can pull out of the garage.

• Informative
Reactions: hiroshiy
I am not sure if the question of Efficiency VS Wh/mile has been explained but would someone please refresh the difference again:

leader-board-png.229916

Naeblis has the least Wh / Mile 212 but the efficiency is 123% which is lower than mine "Tam" at 129.9% but my Wh / Mile is not as good at 233.

The table shows mine is more efficient, I should be able to use less energy in the same mile which should be less Wh / Mile.

The table shows Naeblis is less efficient, why would the Wh / Mile shows more efficient?

I am not sure if the question of Efficiency VS Wh/mile has been explained but would someone please refresh the difference again:

leader-board-png.229916

Naeblis has the least Wh / Mile 212 but the efficiency is 123% which is lower than mine "Tam" at 129.9% but my Wh / Mile is not as good at 233.

The table shows mine is more efficient, I should be able to use less energy in the same mile which should be less Wh / Mile.

The table shows Naeblis is less efficient, why would the Wh / Mile shows more efficient?

my guess is the software algorithms. the car knows about how much it should use per rated mile. and i used 23% (approx) less. Several times i have read on TeslaFi that efficiency is actual / rated, this makes since.