Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
file_get_contents(https://owner-api.teslamotors.com/oauth/token): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

Just got a token error and tried doing a new one. Uh oh
That’s actually the response from Tesla’s servers. It means your password is incorrect or Tesla’s servers are acting up which happens every once in a while. Make sure you’re entering the correct Tesla credentials and/or try again in a little bit. You can open a ticket in the help desk or email [email protected] if you are still running into issues. For some reason I never receive any emails from TMC about replies to any of my watched threads anymore.

Looking through the raw output that Teslafi let's you download is pretty interesting.

Does anyone have good Excel or Tableau worksheets to crunch some numbers based on that raw data that Teslafi outputs in CSV format? I started working on something but figured I'd check to see if others have done this already.

Reactions: Fiver
Is there an easy way to calculate the "kWh & Wh/m(km) Factor"?

I did it by divide and conquer to narrow down to a value that's "close" but not exact for long drives (>100 miles).

But it would be nice to be able to input: "Teslafi reports X, my car reports Y -- calculate the factor Z"

Put in 1, drive a long distance, write down the numbers show in the car, and then compare to the number in Teslafi. Dividing those numbers will give you the correction factor. Don't bother trying to get it down to an exact match.

Hi all. I have had my MX 90D for about 3 months now. I recently began using TeslaFi, largely in an attempt to better understand / diagnose what appears to be atypically large vampire losses. Despite having 'Energy Savings' on, 'Always Connected' off, and no pre-conditioning or cabin overheat protection, my car has been losing 1.5 - 2 miles every 3 hours if not driven (12 - 16 miles per day extrapolated). I live about 90 miles north of NYC in the Hudson River Valley.

Sure enough, TeslaFi has verified that the car has not once gone to 'sleep' since i began using the service a few days ago. I have changed my Tesla password (to ensure there are no other services polling the car), double-checked all my settings, and even used the scroll bars to reset the car's computer system. Obviously, I have turned on sleep mode (as well as night time and deep sleep modes) in the TeslaFi settings.

Amy other thoughts or advice on why the car will not go to sleep? Should i contact Tesla service about this? Thanks in advance for any insight...

@LeviB , 1) Are you using the Tesla official app at all? Whenever you open the app, even if just browsing, it will prevent sleep. Some people once said that having the widgets on your home/lock screen will cause the app to continuously ping the car. I don't know if that changed.

2) Do you have cabin overheat protection turned on and maybe the car is doing its best to stay under 105*F?

Thank you for the responses. I have cabin overheat protection turned off. I can also confirm that TeslaFi is 'trying' to put the car to sleep, but it is never actually happening.

I do occasionally check the official app, but -- given the issues i am having -- i am trying to check it rarely and only after confirming with TeslaFi that the car is not asleep (which, of course, it never is).

Seems that there must be something else going on here that is keeping the car awake. I have removed the USB drive that i was using to play music, and have the 12V unplugged as well. Any other thoughts? Does this warrant a conversation with Tesla service? I am concerned by the rate of range loss when the car is not in use (already 1.5 miles in the last 2 hours).

thanks again.

Cabin overheat enabled was the only problem I had getting my X to sleep. I'm also using TeslaFi. Even checking with the Tesla app just wakes it for a few minutes before it goes back to sleep. I'm currently using the standard sleep function in TeslaFi plus "No outside Temperature Reading". I didn't enable "No Inside Temperature Reading", but I'm not sure why.

It does wake up a little before and after charging. And it wakes up when it sense the fob approaching from quite far away. Like when I walk into the kitchen, which is adjacent to the garage. It can stay awake over an hour in those cases. You can see it in TeslaFi.

Try the scheduled nighttime sleep mode or the deep sleep Mode just to make sure. And make sure both fobs are out of range and motionless when trying to get it to sleep.