Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any tip or suggested tricks I should think about?

Good question. I'm sure there must be some - been using it for so long that I've probably forgotten!

make sure you Home location is accurate. Mine was set, originally, from my Postcode, and it happens to cover a large area, so the pin-point for that Postcode didn't actually code my home! Click on HOME in one of your journeys and check that the pin-point is accurate - and maybe reduce the radius of the circle so that if you are parked nearby you are not "home".

Similar with other places that you visit - set up a "Location" including Friendly Name and perhaps a suitable Icon, and check that the radius covers the whole car park and/or is central on the car park.

Turn on Notifications if appropriate - I don't bother with the reminder to charge, as I charge mostly at work rather than at home, but the "if the charge limit is above [90%]" is handy because when I charge to 100% I usually forget to change it back again ...

Check that TeslaFi (as well as all your other APPs !) are letting your car sleep - if not you may need to fiddle with the settings both within TeslaFi and your other APPs. The "loss" on the Idle panel is probably the thing to check.

You might want to turn on "Show controls" - which lets you honk the horn and those sorts of things. (I've only ever done that once from the APP, trying to find my car in a temporary car park in a field!) but I do use Set Charge Limit and Start Conditioning from TeslaFi

You might also like to try setting up some schedules.

Car is still not sleeping at my workplace. I have the following configured in TeslaFi sleep section.

- polling time 1
- time to try to sleep : 15
- idle time before trying to sleep : 30
- schedule night time sleep mode : on
start sleeping at : 10p
end sleeping at 5a
- deep sleep mode : on
start sleeping at : 9p
end sleeping at : 5a

In my workplace config I have all sleep modes enabled.

I'm sure this is user error but to it the car should go to sleep. It's current state is :
Untitled.jpg

Any help / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bert

Car is still not sleeping at my workplace. I have the following configured in TeslaFi sleep section.

- polling time 1
- time to try to sleep : 15
- idle time before trying to sleep : 30
- schedule night time sleep mode : on
start sleeping at : 10p
end sleeping at 5a
- deep sleep mode : on
start sleeping at : 9p
end sleeping at : 5a

In my workplace config I have all sleep modes enabled.

I'm sure this is user error but to it the car should go to sleep. It's current state is :
View attachment 257367

Any help / input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bert

Make sure you don’t have any other apps that might be polling your car and keeping it awake. If you’re unsure, change your tesla.com password; this should invalidate any API tokens in use. Then just get a new token with teslafi and see if it sleeps.

(The Car might not sleep for a variety of other reasons too, like actively downloading updates)

Last edited:
Reactions: masamitsu
Make sure you don’t have any other apps that might be polling your car and keeping it awake. If your unsure, change your tesla.com password; this should invalidate any API tokens in use. Then just get a new token with teslafi and see if it sleeps.

(The Car might not sleep for a variety of other reasons too, like actively downloading updates)

I just did that. We'll see if that works. Thanks!

@masamitsu Enable "Email sleep alerts" in the settings. It will tell you if it is trying to let it go to sleep. For the car to go to sleep, it stops polling the car. There is some logic to decide when to stop polling.

Of course, once it stops polling it is still up to the car to decide if it can/should sleep. That is then up to the car.

If you look at the log, do you ever see attempting to sleep in the logger notes?

Does it sleep elsewhere?

At one point I disabled the Try To Sleep Requirements:
- No Outside Temperature Reading:
- No Inside Temperature Reading:

Attachments

• sleep.png
    sleep.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 48
@masamitsu Enable "Email sleep alerts" in the settings. It will tell you if it is trying to let it go to sleep. For the car to go to sleep, it stops polling the car. There is some logic to decide when to stop polling.

Of course, once it stops polling it is still up to the car to decide if it can/should sleep. That is then up to the car.

If you look at the log, do you ever see attempting to sleep in the logger notes?

Does it sleep elsewhere?

At one point I disabled the Try To Sleep Requirements:
- No Outside Temperature Reading:
- No Inside Temperature Reading:

I just started using the app yesterday. It went into deep sleep last night but not after some "trying to sleep" messages.

1.jpg

by the way, I was in bed and asleep ~10:00p.

I turned off the temp stuff to see if that help.

Mahalo - Bert

I admit, I haven't looked at it in detail recently, but I think they way the car behaves has changed in the recent firmware.

Mine is now sleeping according to teslafi even when it is being polled.

Attached example of waking up and going back to sleep.

Earlier today, teslafi stopped polling for its 15 minutes. The car didn't sleep, but it did 30 minutes later while polling continued.

Attachments

• sleep2.png
    sleep2.png
    82.3 KB · Views: 47
I admit, I haven't looked at it in detail recently, but I think they way the car behaves has changed in the recent firmware.

Mine is now sleeping according to teslafi even when it is being polled.

Attached example of waking up and going back to sleep.

Earlier today, teslafi stopped polling for its 15 minutes. The car didn't sleep, but it did 30 minutes later while polling continued.

Would you mind sharing your settings in teslafi?

There were reports a while back that if you have the Tesla app display widgets on your phone, the refreshing of the widgets would cause connections to you car similar to opening the app. This would then prevent your car from sleeping. I don’t know if the widget behavior was ever changed.

Reactions: masamitsu