Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So could you solve the API Error 405 by setting the remote access control back on ON.

Yes.

I've also solved the "offline" issue by rebooting the console. Bit annoying that the car could lose Internet Connection like that though ... but the car was not rebooted after the software update (although the problem did not occur until some days later), and I think it is always worthwhile doing a reboot after an update (in fact I wish the software would do that itself - everything would be on level playing field then, which would likely reduce support calls to Tesla too ...)

So summary of this is that here's my wishlist:

EMail alert daily if API Error 405 remains on continuously

Email alert if car is "offline" for prolonged period - particularly if car only "online" when connected to WiFi (dunno of a test for that, but "only online at know locations" might do the trick, or perhaps whenever offline the mileage changes, and never get several consecutive mileage changes "online")

Email alert for Internal Temperature significantly different to External for prolonged period when not driving. (**)

(**) I had this caused by Amazon Echo issuing a Climate On command (wrongly, as it happens, because it mis-heard from general conversation) and no subsequent "OFF" command. I have also been told that the "30 minutes off" for such Climate On commands has changed in a recent update to "stay on", so if that's the case then definitely a problem-waiting-to-happen. Over Christmas I didn't drive the car for several days so did not notice that it was staying warm all that time whilst external temperature was around 0C ... :(

Any way we could get a yearly totals option? I like to easily see what my miles driven, kWh used, total supercharge info (power, times) as well as total at home and away charging without having to go through each month and add it up...

Would like a "all time" and individual years options to see this info. Similar to what's listed for each month, just a page with totals from each year.

That made me think of any fleet-wide aggregated data reports that would be interesting. A Better Route Planner has posted some graphs showing charging speed and energy-use-at-speed etc. Obviously that's useful for a route planning software author in terms of total time for a trip, including charging. That data is collected by running an APP whilst charging, whereas of course TeslaFi harvests all that data anyway.

Some thoughts:

Length of ownership
Battery degradation over time
Optimum journey speed

Links to Graphs from the A Better Route Planer thread:
A Better Routeplanner Supercharger power (by battery type)
https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/2453079/Consumed power at constant speed (1)
A Better Routeplanner Battery stats
A Better Routeplanner Consumed power at constant speed (2)

Reactions: hiroshiy and Fiver
Any way we could get a yearly totals option? I like to easily see what my miles driven, kWh used, total supercharge info (power, times) as well as total at home and away charging without having to go through each month and add it up...

Would like a "all time" and individual years options to see this info. Similar to what's listed for each month, just a page with totals from each year.
There are two related feature requests: Road Trip Summary / General Forum / TeslaFi and Map for a specified date range / General Forum / TeslaFi.

I'd love something like the calendar view but with selectable start and end dates.

Would like some advice from whom already experienced similar situations. I'm traveling overseas and my X is at the airport, ambient temp about zero Celsius. I just received a software update notification when I arrived at the destination and since then the car isn't sleeping. After a few days of monitoring via TeslaFi, it wasn't sleeping, so I decided to turn off TeslaFi polling to save energy. When I disabled polling the battery was 39% left on P100D. That equates to 163km typical (rated) range left. My home is about 85km or 50 miles away and if the isn't sleeping and keep consuming close to 20km per day I will have to change my car after arrival back at the airport.

So if the same thing happened to you please let me know how it went after disabling all API consuming apps, while software update is pending. I really hope Tesla don't schedule software updates in holiday season.

Would like some advice from whom already experienced similar situations. I'm traveling overseas and my X is at the airport, ambient temp about zero Celsius. I just received a software update notification when I arrived at the destination and since then the car isn't sleeping. After a few days of monitoring via TeslaFi, it wasn't sleeping, so I decided to turn off TeslaFi polling to save energy. When I disabled polling the battery was 39% left on P100D. That equates to 163km typical (rated) range left. My home is about 85km or 50 miles away and if the isn't sleeping and keep consuming close to 20km per day I will have to change my car after arrival back at the airport.

So if the same thing happened to you please let me know how it went after disabling all API consuming apps, while software update is pending. I really hope Tesla don't schedule software updates in holiday season.

Change account password can revoke all api access.
If you have energy save ON and always connect off on the car, it should be able to sleep properly
It seems you are away from the car, maybe you can try to disable them next time.

@Jdeck I think there's something with the temperature efficiency page. I took a ~37 miles drive at -1.5F average, -3F min, over 36 hours ago, and it's still not appearing on the page (at least not for anything under 10F). I hope it's not using start of drive temperature for this? Because half my drives start in my garage, which would make the whole table wrong.

If the update is “pending” it’s only downloaded to your car but not yet installed so nothing should have changed.

Change account password can revoke all api access.
If you have energy save ON and always connect off on the car, it should be able to sleep properly
It seems you are away from the car, maybe you can try to disable them next time.
Thanks. I already disabled TeslaFi. As of yesterday the battery was 33% left so after disabling, the car seemed to sleep properly.

If the update is “pending” it’s only downloaded to your car but not yet installed so nothing should have changed.
Thanks for the advice. As you said the car seemed to be sleeping. I woke it up once last night via Tesla app and saw 33% left. So it seems that polling APIs once the update is downloaded on to the car prevents sleeping as well, in addition to while downloading.

Ever since I've gotten my Model 3, and my Model S is in for service, I've switch the monitoring for the car to the Model 3. I've been been getting these periodic e-mails (10 in last 5 days).

<carname> has been offline for 30 minutes
You may need to restart the vehicles computer and make sure there is internet connectivity.

I don't think I've ever gotten these messages on my Model S. Is there a reasonable explanation as to what is happening? The LTE looks to be good whenever I look at the signal.

is there an option in TeslaFi to measure / track my 0-60 performance and power (bhp)? I would like to uncork my 75D and want to measure "before - after" data points. I checked the raw data export but there is nothing here. Getting another IOS app for 8 euro (power tools) feels a bit double if I already have TeslaFi.
Hope someone can help me.

is there an option in TeslaFi to measure / track my 0-60 performance and power (bhp)? I would like to uncork my 75D and want to measure "before - after" data points. I checked the raw data export but there is nothing here. Getting another IOS app for 8 euro (power tools) feels a bit double if I already have TeslaFi.
Unfortunately no, TeslaFi only log data every minute, so it wouldn’t be meaningful to try and capture something measured in tens of a second.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
If you have a somewhat modern Android phone, you may want to check out Vendor - Dashboard for Tesla - the better app for your Tesla

The developer, @SG57, at time offers a free code that unlocks everything for the day and is very responsive to people's requests and bug fixes.

@CuriousG , thanks for the plug! I similarly plug TeslaFi.com when asked about a remote continuous data logging service/feature so it seems alright if I accept a plug here as well. If the OP deems this not acceptable, let me know and I'll remove my post.

@Sander1977 , as stated if you have an Android device you're welcome to try out the Speed Clocking feature in the app, Dashboard for Tesla. You can join the app discussion in the thread on TMC here.

The app offers a lot more than just speed clocking (such as automatic behaviors, Wear smart watch support, home-screen widgets, etc.), but for your purposes the feature is perfect. I recently uncorked my Model S 75D and used the feature to verify it myself actually, check out my cork-vs-uncork analysis details here. Interesting to note, uncorking improves performance by raising the max power and maintaining a more constant power acceleration curve.

And here's even more of my cork-vs-uncork details here.

speedclock_graph1.png
speedclock_graph2.png

You can explore the entire app for free in the Demo mode operating on fake, virtual Teslas. However, you and anyone else interested are welcome to try out every feature the app has to offer in full on your actual Tesla vehicle for free using this access code valid Tuesday-only:

To enter an access code, press-and-hold the sign-in button for 3 seconds while signing in like normal.

If you need anything else let me know in the official thread,
Thanks

Last edited:

There isn’t but you can pull the raw api data from teslafi into a spreadsheet and confirm that perf config is changed to p3. That’s how you confirm an uncork.

@Jdeck I think there's something with the temperature efficiency page. I took a ~37 miles drive at -1.5F average, -3F min, over 36 hours ago, and it's still not appearing on the page (at least not for anything under 10F). I hope it's not using start of drive temperature for this? Because half my drives start in my garage, which would make the whole table wrong.

Replying to myself I guess. Anyone seen @Jdeck?

FYI I'm sure of it now, the temperature efficiency page is very inaccurate if you tend to park where it is a different temperature than most of your drive, that include up to parking in the sun.

Replying to myself I guess. Anyone seen @Jdeck?

FYI I'm sure of it now, the temperature efficiency page is very inaccurate if you tend to park where it is a different temperature than most of your drive, that include up to parking in the sun.

The temperature page uses the average temperature of the entire drive from the first drive (or reverse) datapoint to the last park datapoint. I just tested tested it by identifying the one drive I have with an average temperature below 0 F but started at 15 F in my garage. It shows in the -10 to 0 F section of my graph and has an average temperature of -0.4 F. I can look into this for you if you want to open a ticket in the help section of TeslaFi so I can get your username and car id. You can also email me at [email protected] as well with your username and the drive(s) in question. I'm guessing it's some issue with the drive or the cached data in your account but I'll take a look.

Thanks,

James

Ever since I've gotten my Model 3, and my Model S is in for service, I've switch the monitoring for the car to the Model 3. I've been been getting these periodic e-mails (10 in last 5 days).

<carname> has been offline for 30 minutes
You may need to restart the vehicles computer and make sure there is internet connectivity.

I don't think I've ever gotten these messages on my Model S. Is there a reasonable explanation as to what is happening? The LTE looks to be good whenever I look at the signal.
I need to dig into this a further. As of now it appears the model 3 seems to report the car as 'offline' via the API during most idling sessions as opposed to just 'online' and the rest of the good data from the model S. I originally put this notification option in place for cars to alert them if something was going on with the API but it seems to be standard operating procedure for the model 3 so far. None of the latest software updates have resolved it but hopefully they will. In the meantime I would uncheck the option the receive these notification in the settings page of TeslaFi. Even if the car reports itself as offline via the API it will still be considered as idle as far as the reporting goes via TeslaFi.