Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hiroshiy , unsure if you meant to post this in the TeslaFi thread and not the Dashboard for Tesla thread, but I'll respond.

Did you turn on smart charging logging by any chance? The log file would be incredibly helpful for troubleshooting. I suspect since you are working with a sleeping Tesla that it's an error case I'm struggling to reproduce. Also, in the car's settings do you have the "Always connected" setting enabled or disabled?
Sorry I was asleep while typing. Yes I turned always connected off, as all members of this thread do. I keep the log file so I will upload on your thread.

So you quit Tesla official app and uninstalled Remote S, and that seemed to work.

Another thing I can recall is the 12V drain or 12V battery getting weak. The reason why the car woke up only after four hours is, I guess, if without any apps poking Tesla APIs, 12V battery voltage became too low.
Do you have something active at night on 12V like dashcams? Can you disconnect for one night and see what happens? Also your 12V could be weaker and can't hold enough charge after getting cold at night.
I don’t have anything currently like a dashcam, and I do use an iPhone charger but leave it unplugged.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Oh snap, as soon as I changed them, the app told me my x was trying to sleep!!!! Oh please let this work!
I literally am losing 1 kWh per hour my car is idle! It’s fristrating when it’s garaged and in moderate temps so no excuse to be draining that much.

That’s about 10% loss per day which is ridiculous based on the 1-3% or even a high of 5% that I’ve read

How can I check my 12v battery? Any simple techniques

And lots of posts here but car finally slept, lost only 1 mile of range last night vs the 1 per hour we were losing!!!!! Also, when idle down we are down to about 1/3 mile lost give or take.

Unchecking the inside/outside car temp boxes seemed to do the trick.
Now my only issue it keeps trying to put car to sleep which means it didn’t catch some of our data at start of a drive, I’ll figure that out.

Reactions: hiroshiy
And lots of posts here but car finally slept, lost only 1 mile of range last night vs the 1 per hour we were losing!!!!! Also, when idle down we are down to about 1/3 mile lost give or take.

Unchecking the inside/outside car temp boxes seemed to do the trick.
Now my only issue it keeps trying to put car to sleep which means it didn’t catch some of our data at start of a drive, I’ll figure that out.
If you hadn't already, turn on either email notifications or SMS notifications. If I'm about to take a drive, I always check my texts to see if TeslaFi had stopped polling. If it has, you simply reply "yes" to the SMS and it will resume polling so you won't "lose" a drive. I have noticed some times, which very well could be odd yet frequent coincidences, where the moment I get into my car TeslaFi stops polling. I suspect there may be something else at play there but I generally make it a habit to check my notifications whenever I'm about to start a drive (which I do anyway because I hate having unread SMSes :D)

Reactions: srharris22
Not sure if this has been brought up before, but is there a way to merge charge locations? I charge a lot at my gym and every so often my GPS will blip and say I'm charging up the road. This happened a few times before in a parking garage I frequent but there I can understand the glitch as the chargers are deep inside the concrete structure.

I'd like to merge them into a combined location, but if I drag one on top of the other it messes up the formatting on the charge page. Any idea's?

Press on the address and tag it. You can make the range as big as you like.
I did that, and after I just get the following:
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.16.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.15.58 AM.png

It just creates a new pin each time I move it, now I have like 5 of them even though each of these is the same entry.

Just to add, it only messes up the formatting in the list on the location that had GPS errors and didn't register as one location. When I drag them in close to each other to correct the location it doesn't combine them. SMSC Prospector and China Bridge Garage are the two locations I have issues. The garage I can understand as the chargers are inside out of GPS range. But the top one on the list is an open parking lot, I just charge there a lot while working out.

Screen Shot 2018-02-17 at 12.18.49 AM.png

with the fees they are charging you would think they would have one out by now.

No I don't think that. Entirely up to TeslaFi what they decide to build. The APPs I have, from other vendors, work just fine for me. I have no idea how much server horsepower and storage space is required to "get" my car's data every minute, and to continue to store every minute that has ever been logged, but it doesn't seem trivial to me relative to the price of the subscription, as you seem to be implying.

There has been plenty of development of TeslaFi product in the time I've been a subscriber ... unlike other similar products that I have subscribed to.

Reactions: X Fan
Look at the post above yours. There is a picture of 5 "locations" right on top of each other. They aren't merging by being inside each others radius.
Try that. Just make one tagged location with a larger radius, all other untagged locations will be merged to that tagged location. I'm in Tokyo and I use radius 0.01 in many cases as locations are so close together.