Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
28A*3phases = 84A.
TeslaFi tells me on my 3*16A the same calculation.
I think this is viable. I also think that your cabling may be a bit weak and you loose a lot of power with those 32A currents with heating the cables.
What does it tell, if you just try to charge at 16A instead of 32A? might worth a try.
have you looked into the graph of a charging session if something weird is going on?

28A*3phases = 84A.
TeslaFi tells me on my 3*16A the same calculation.
I think this is viable. I also think that your cabling may be a bit weak and you loose a lot of power with those 32A currents with heating the cables.
What does it tell, if you just try to charge at 16A instead of 32A? might worth a try.
have you looked into the graph of a charging session if something weird is going on?

I'm far from being an expert, but I don't think the calculation with 84 amps is right anyway, and the consumption on the main electricity meter seems to confirm this.

As for the cabling, it has been done by a professional which used quite a thick cable and it's only less than a meter long so there shouldn't be much losses there.

I received a answer from James / TeslaFi telling me that for a reason they don't get yet, there are a few people like me who reported incorrect values on the used kWh indeed.

For those with their Model S hooked in, I'm noticing my June 2018 Model S doesn't sleep for more than an hour and seems to have a lot of failed sleep attempts (especially overnight). James seems to think it's MCU2 related. Can anyone with MCU2 get their car to sleep for more than an hour? What TeslaFi sleep settings do you have that gets you the most sleep successfully? I currently have Time to Sleep set to 15, Idle Time set to 30 (with Reset Idle Timer when Offline since my car goes offline frequently during the "attempt to sleep" notifications) and both temperature boxes checked. I also have Nighttime Sleep Mode and Deep Sleep Mode set.

For those with their Model 3 hooked in, what TeslaFi sleep settings are you using with success? It seems like I can only get the car to sleep during the Nighttime hours but not outside of that. I've got Time to Sleep set to 12, Idle Time set to 30 and both temperature boxes checked. I also have the aforementioned Nighttime Sleep Mode plus Deep Sleep Mode set, too.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
I just tried VisibleTesla but it doesn't look to fulfill all my info desires on my M3. So trying to setup an acct on TeslaFi I'm asked which M3 I have. My choices are 330, 330D, 220, 220D. I bought everything Tesla offered on the M3 except white seats. Does that mean I have a 330D?

For those with their Model S hooked in, I'm noticing my June 2018 Model S doesn't sleep for more than an hour and seems to have a lot of failed sleep attempts (especially overnight). James seems to think it's MCU2 related. Can anyone with MCU2 get their car to sleep for more than an hour? What TeslaFi sleep settings do you have that gets you the most sleep successfully? I currently have Time to Sleep set to 15, Idle Time set to 30 (with Reset Idle Timer when Offline since my car goes offline frequently during the "attempt to sleep" notifications) and both temperature boxes checked. I also have Nighttime Sleep Mode and Deep Sleep Mode set.

For those with their Model 3 hooked in, what TeslaFi sleep settings are you using with success? It seems like I can only get the car to sleep during the Nighttime hours but not outside of that. I've got Time to Sleep set to 12, Idle Time set to 30 and both temperature boxes checked. I also have the aforementioned Nighttime Sleep Mode plus Deep Sleep Mode set, too.

My car would not sleep for more than a hour as well. I have a May built Model S 100D with new MCU. You’ll be happy to hear that since updating to version 2018.40 from 2018.39.7, my car sleeps for many hours at a time whether plugged-in or not. That will most likely improve on phantom / vampire drain. This is my first post. I live in Montréal Québec.

• Informative
Reactions: Ahzuz and hiroshiy
My car would not sleep for more than a hour as well. I have a May built Model S 100D with new MCU. You’ll be happy to hear that since updating to version 2018.40 from 2018.39.7, my car sleeps for many hours at a time whether plugged-in or not. That will most likely improve on phantom / vampire drain. This is my first post. I live in Montréal Québec.

I forgot to mention my Sleep Settings, not that it should matter much because if the car goes to Sleep, it should stay in that state unless it needs to be awaken for some reasons such as communicating with Tesla servers. Before the latest update, it would stay awake (with temperature readings) for one to two hours a couple of times per day on top of not sleeping more than an hour at a time. I have not had the update long enough to see if it still does that now.

TeslaFi Sleep Mode = Enabled
Time To Try Sleeping = 15
Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep = 15 (can have it at 30 to avoid missing data on stops of less than 30 minutes)
Reset Idle Timer When Offline = Checked
Try To Sleep Requirements Temperature Readings = Both Unchecked
Nighttime TeslaFi Sleep Mode = Unchecked (will not hurt to have it checked)
Deep Sleep Mode = Unchecked
Polling Time When Idle = 1

Normand

I forgot to mention my Sleep Settings, not that it should matter much because if the car goes to Sleep, it should stay in that state unless it needs to be awaken for some reasons such as communicating with Tesla servers. Before the latest update, it would stay awake (with temperature readings) for one to two hours a couple of times per day on top of not sleeping more than an hour at a time. I have not had the update long enough to see if it still does that now.

TeslaFi Sleep Mode = Enabled
Time To Try Sleeping = 15
Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep = 15 (can have it at 30 to avoid missing data on stops of less than 30 minutes)
Reset Idle Timer When Offline = Checked
Try To Sleep Requirements Temperature Readings = Both Unchecked
Nighttime TeslaFi Sleep Mode = Unchecked (will not hurt to have it checked)
Deep Sleep Mode = Unchecked
Polling Time When Idle = 1

Normand

Thanks for your responses. I also upgraded to 2018.40 on Thursday afternoon but it seems like it's barely sleeping, even during nighttime AND deep sleep modes, so I'm not seeing the positive results you are. Thursday evening, it only went to sleep for 31 minutes, then 7.5 hours overnight until I had gone out to the car, then nothing for the rest of Friday. Then, no sleep at all on Saturday and so far today, it's only been asleep for the last hours. All other times, it's been idle.

The only difference in settings from yours is I have my Idle Time set to 30 and both temperature boxes are checked so I'll match your TeslaFi settings to see if it helps.

Thanks for your responses. I also upgraded to 2018.40 on Thursday afternoon but it seems like it's barely sleeping, even during nighttime AND deep sleep modes, so I'm not seeing the positive results you are. Thursday evening, it only went to sleep for 31 minutes, then 7.5 hours overnight until I had gone out to the car, then nothing for the rest of Friday. Then, no sleep at all on Saturday and so far today, it's only been asleep for the last hours. All other times, it's been idle.

The only difference in settings from yours is I have my Idle Time set to 30 and both temperature boxes are checked so I'll match your TeslaFi settings to see if it helps.

Sorry to hear it is not working for you. Does your car ever sleep more than one hour at a time since 2018.40? Mine has been sleeping for 1 day and 8 hours now since my last Idle.

As far as sleep settings go, unchecking the temperature display boxes forces Teslafi sleep attempt immediately after the idle time delay. You could leave the outside temperature display box checked. Then, TeslaFi will wait for a blank outside temperature reading before starting a sleep attempt and have a better chance of achieving sleep within the time specified. I often change my Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep to 2 minutes when I do not plan to take the car for a while. By doing this, TeslaFi will start another sleep attempt almost immediately after waking up.

Here are my suggestions:

Do you have other apps that could be polling the car?
Do not wake up the car with the app unless you have to.
Close the app and do not leave it running in the background.
In the car browser, make sure your last page accessed is not on a page that autorefresh such as Waze for Tesla, Tesla Winds or ABetterRoutePlanner. Once I was using ABetterRoutePlanner but forgot to logout and it kept the car awake.
I usually leave my browser on the Tesla webpage then close the browser.
Have the key fobs far away from the car. Even better put them in a Faraday pouch.

Cheers,
Normand

Sorry to hear it is not working for you. Does your car ever sleep more than one hour at a time since 2018.40? Mine has been sleeping for 1 day and 8 hours now since my last Idle.

As far as sleep settings go, unchecking the temperature display boxes forces Teslafi sleep attempt immediately after the idle time delay. You could leave the outside temperature display box checked. Then, TeslaFi will wait for a blank outside temperature reading before starting a sleep attempt and have a better chance of achieving sleep within the time specified. I often change my Idle Time Before Trying To Sleep to 2 minutes when I do not plan to take the car for a while. By doing this, TeslaFi will start another sleep attempt almost immediately after waking up.

Here are my suggestions:

Do you have other apps that could be polling the car?
Do not wake up the car with the app unless you have to.
Close the app and do not leave it running in the background.
In the car browser, make sure your last page accessed is not on a page that autorefresh such as Waze for Tesla, Tesla Winds or ABetterRoutePlanner. Once I was using ABetterRoutePlanner but forgot to logout and it kept the car awake.
I usually leave my browser on the Tesla webpage then close the browser.
Have the key fobs far away from the car. Even better put them in a Faraday pouch.

Cheers,
Normand
Actually, it looks like it's been asleep for the last 2 hours and 8 minutes so it must be related to the two changes I made coupled with 2018.40 (because I wasn't able to get past an hour of sleep at a time with those same TeslaFi settings prior to 2018.40). Very curious.

Great suggestion on the idle time. I recently took a vacation and just set the nighttime sleep mode from 1am to 11pm which seemed to allow the car to sleep as much as possible (even with it's max sleep of an hour each time). I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I leave town for an extended period.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
Actually, it looks like it's been asleep for the last 2 hours and 8 minutes so it must be related to the two changes I made coupled with 2018.40 (because I wasn't able to get past an hour of sleep at a time with those same TeslaFi settings prior to 2018.40). Very curious.

Great suggestion on the idle time. I recently took a vacation and just set the nighttime sleep mode from 1am to 11pm which seemed to allow the car to sleep as much as possible (even with it's max sleep of an hour each time). I'll definitely keep that in mind next time I leave town for an extended period.
Update for today:
My Model S has finally been asleep for more than an hour at a time. I had a 3 separate sleep records today totaling 15 hours whereas prior to 2018.40 it wouldn't sleep for more than 5 hours total a day.

My Model 3 with the same settings hasn't had any sleep records today except for during the nighttime sleep hours, but it's on 2018.39.7 so maybe it will sleep more once it finally gets 2018.40.

Looked back a few pages, but this thread has grown a lot... I can't find anything covering this at TeslaFi besides the note on the account page to 'create a new account' if you want to track two cars. WTF. How does one do that? Use a totally separate email address? That seems, um, nuts. There's also a comment about they will be linked 'later', but that hasn't happened.

We're about to pick up our 3, and I'd like to know how I absorb her in the 'we know everything you do' that my X has. :D

Looked back a few pages, but this thread has grown a lot... I can't find anything covering this at TeslaFi besides the note on the account page to 'create a new account' if you want to track two cars. WTF. How does one do that? Use a totally separate email address? That seems, um, nuts. There's also a comment about they will be linked 'later', but that hasn't happened.

We're about to pick up our 3, and I'd like to know how I absorb her in the 'we know everything you do' that my X has. :D
This is in James' list but he hasn't been able to do it yet. When I picked up my Model 3 in January, I ended up creating a second TeslaFi account. It's not as convenient but it is what it is.

This is in James' list but he hasn't been able to do it yet. When I picked up my Model 3 in January, I ended up creating a second TeslaFi account. It's not as convenient but it is what it is.
Right, meaning what? You have to invent a new email address just for this one purpose? That was the question, how exactly do you do it? There's not even any documentation on the site, which I would think would be nice, if they want (James wants... :) ) those of us with more than one car to pony up the extra membership. :D

Anyone having any issues or cons about TeslaFi subscription? Am considering it and trail right now. Interface is a bit janky but I want the charge logs feature. Does it seem kindof strange it allows you to unlock and control the car? You would think Tesla would have those features well secure from any 3rd party access regardless of having signed in.