Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sleep problem here also after recent release. I’ll assume it’s 2018.48.12.1. After reading all the notes at TeslaFi it turned out that the car wasn’t even ‘trying to sleep’. I had to uncheck the two temperature items in the sleep parameters to get it to try then it tried immediately. Something must have changed recently?

I was getting weird HPWC charge results (wouldn’t top off to proper levels since the car was idle forever, never sleeping...) That part is fixed but now it attempts to sleep but still doesn’t ever do so. I’ve done all the TeslaFi settings recommended in the car (were already set): always connected off, energy save on, emergency overheat off, and also did new token for TeslaFi, and rebooted car for the heck of it.).

MCU 1, of course. Anyone see similar issues or have suggestions? This was perfect for a year until 48.12. :D

When I was on 2018.48.12.1 I hadn't noticed a difference in sleep patterns. On the vehicle side of things I have energy savings on and always connected off. TeslaFi side I already have the no inside and outside temperature boxes checked.

When I was on 2018.48.12.1 I hadn't noticed a difference in sleep patterns. On the vehicle side of things I have energy savings on and always connected off. TeslaFi side I already have the no inside and outside temperature boxes checked.
You mean you have the temp boxed checked or not? I had them the default on and with 2018.48.12 it wouldn’t try to sleep without UNchecking them.

Then of course it still didn’t sleep. I’m now trying a longer sleep test period of 60 minutes from the default 30.

You mean you have the temp boxed checked or not? I had them the default on and with 2018.48.12 it wouldn’t try to sleep without UNchecking them.

Then of course it still didn’t sleep. I’m now trying a longer sleep test period of 60 minutes from the default 30.
These are my sleep settings:
teslasleep.PNG

Right, those are the defaults, as far as I can see. I had to uncheck the temperature settings to get it to even try to get it try to sleep after to 2018.48.12. No idea why. No changes to the car at all. I even removed the TeslaCam USB to see if that was involved somehow. No change. Still testing a longer sleep time trial of 30 minutes (update from above).

Okay, after some reading in the support forum at TeslaFi (where questions really should go... :D) and testing and waiting on my car to see how it worked, what seems to be working for me was enabling the Shift States option. I’m surmising they are moving toward using that going forward perhaps? Checking the current data listing I did see that disappear once or twice and the tenperatures never. (Silly me, turning all of them off of course will do nothing as the software has no way to see if the car is ready to sleep or not. Turning them all off just make it try all the time which only generates emails every 30 minutes.)

I’ve also had our 3 fail to sleep also periodically. I may check the raw data there and see if the Shift State is the new ‘normal’, as the temperature sure isn’t.

As the Battery Current disappeared as a good measurement, and now maybe the temp’s have, hope other ones done also!

Mine seems to sleep on the "Outside Temperature Reading" option. Dec 2018 S 100D w/ AP2.5. Do you suppose it varies with the hardware version or installed firmware version? (I'm picking up what's probably 2018.50 tonight.)
Dec 2018 will be MCU 2. Totally different. :D

What you can do is look in the TeslaFi data and see what values actually do go away. That’s what I did finally. Login to TeslaFi for your car, and look at Help | Raw Data Feed. You can see the minute by minute data. The Shift Status and both temperatures are there.

In my experience, I think unchecking all options still allows the car to sleep, but it would take more time to start "trying to sleep" process. With any switch on, TeslaFi waits for the signal (temp reading off, shift state reading off), and only after one of those signals is met, it starts "trying to sleep" process. If all switches are unchecked, it just wait 15 minutes and then start "trying to sleep" process.

With my MX MCU1 AP2.0, my car sleeps with these settings.
Screenshot_20190215-233452.png

However, I think my car definitely doesn't sleep for a long time, compared to older firmware, especially V8. Sometimes my car to doesn't sleep more than 8 hours at tagged location, with deep sleep switch on for the location.

Also if your car has difficulty in sleeping, make sure you turn on night time sleep mode and deep sleep mode FOR HOME LOCATION or any other tagged location where you want the car to sleep. My home location somehow had these two options UNCHECKED.

none of those 3 are checked for me yet it does put the car to sleep after 30 min of idle.
Right, it must be that ‘sleep’ happens when the car isn’t doing anything and has no connection traffic (as in TeslaFi stops for x minutes). Why that isn’t happening some times with 48.12 is still a puzzle.

My car is more stable now but still isn’t really sleeping much. I’ve now turned on ‘sleep all night’ (10 to 6) in TeslaFi in order to have dedicated sleep time since it’s not happening during the day as it used to. Vampire drain is way down but there is still something changed of course as of 2018.48.12. Of course, when we all get 2019.5.x this all may change somehow again!

Since 2018.50.6 on my AP1 Model S data logging is really bad. Lots of drives are missing.
Because I had also problem with the app connecting my car, I think it is more a car SW problem.
It seams not connect properly to the tesla server after waking up.
Anyone else with the same problem?

for me scheduled charging doesn't seem to work reliably. It appears to start charging roughly on time but then just stops 5 minutes later even though it is no where near the target charge level. When I go down to the car to see what's up the car is sleeping, not charging and when I tap my key card on the pillar it wakes and starts charging again.

for me scheduled charging doesn't seem to work reliably. It appears to start charging roughly on time but then just stops 5 minutes later even though it is no where near the target charge level. When I go down to the car to see what's up the car is sleeping, not charging and when I tap my key card on the pillar it wakes and starts charging again.
Can you post a screenshot of the scheduler screen? You need to wake up the car and wait one or two minutes before executing any command.