Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what good does scheduled charging do if I have to wake the car for it? anyway i turned off the scheduled charge for a day and then turned it back on but set the charge current back up to 48amps instead of the 30 i had it set to and it did work yesterday. we'll see. could be the reduced charge current causes an issue or has a bug in it.

Reactions: hiroshiy
what good does scheduled charging do if I have to wake the car for it? anyway i turned off the scheduled charge for a day and then turned it back on but set the charge current back up to 48amps instead of the 30 i had it set to and it did work yesterday. we'll see. could be the reduced charge current causes an issue or has a bug in it.
You can wake the car in TeslaFi scheduling. That said, waking up in schedule doesn't seem to work after 2018.50 with my car...

doesn't seem to work after 2018.50 with my car.

I have 2018.50 (AP1 car), scheduling still working fine. I have morning @ home and evening @ Work "climate on" schedules, both working.

I have schedule for "Start HVAC" @ WORK is set for 5:25 PM. Most recently TeslaFi RawData shows "Sleep attempt" at 5:13 PM, and then at 5:29 PM it started logging again, internal temperature had risen from 14.4 to 22.3 in that time (i.e. no per minute logging during that interval), - so amongst trying to sleep it still ran the scheduled task (no idea why it didn't give up on trying-to-sleep though ... seems to me if schedule says "Do this" then might as well give up on sleeping and log that it happened ?). I have NO "Wake up" tasks in my scheduler.

Dunno if that helps at all though ...

My problem is that within 1 minute of arriving home the car is in Deep Sleep ... so every day I get an Email, as per schedule, at 9PM that "car is not plugged in" ... and then it starts charging as per schedule (and TeslaFi logs "idling->Charging"), but because it goes into Deep Sleep "instantly" on arrival as fast as I run around the car to plug it in ... I'm too slow :)

The car wakes up (@ Home) at 11PM every night ... I have nothing scheduled then (and Schedule Logs show no activity at 11PM). No explanation for that either ...

• Informative
I have 2018.50 (AP1 car), scheduling still working fine. I have morning @ home and evening @ Work "climate on" schedules, both working.

I have schedule for "Start HVAC" @ WORK is set for 5:25 PM. Most recently TeslaFi RawData shows "Sleep attempt" at 5:13 PM, and then at 5:29 PM it started logging again, internal temperature had risen from 14.4 to 22.3 in that time (i.e. no per minute logging during that interval), - so amongst trying to sleep it still ran the scheduled task (no idea why it didn't give up on trying-to-sleep though ... seems to me if schedule says "Do this" then might as well give up on sleeping and log that it happened ?). I have NO "Wake up" tasks in my scheduler.

Dunno if that helps at all though ...

My problem is that within 1 minute of arriving home the car is in Deep Sleep ... so every day I get an Email, as per schedule, at 9PM that "car is not plugged in" ... and then it starts charging as per schedule (and TeslaFi logs "idling->Charging"), but because it goes into Deep Sleep "instantly" on arrival as fast as I run around the car to plug it in ... I'm too slow :)

The car wakes up (@ Home) at 11PM every night ... I have nothing scheduled then (and Schedule Logs show no activity at 11PM). No explanation for that either ...
In my case (AP2, MCU1), with 2018.48 the car wakes up with Wake Up schedule and then follow the command per schedule. However with .50 it doesn't seem to wake up at Wake Up command, and it does return unknown error for any following commands, such as charge level or climate control. If I wake the car up via Tesla App before schedule starts, it works...

Tesla really needs to properly support both climate and charge scheduling from within the car so we don't need to rely on TeslaFi or a cell connection to do these things. I should be able to bring up a full 'schedule' screen in the car where I add events and assign them days and times. Events should include a list of possible actions, climate on, charging start, etc. I should be able to edit and enable/disable the same events from the app for example disable the climate on event when i go on vacation, etc.

However with .50 it doesn't seem to wake up at Wake Up command

As a test I added a WAKE UP to my schedule. It ran (I can see it in the Schedule View Log), the TeslaFi page changed from red-banner to "normal" (I only saw that because I was refreshing to try to see the change in the Schedule Log), but almost immediately it changed back to "red-banner". When I look at the Raw Data is shows "Deep sleep" for log records before, at and after that schedule ... but i think what MAY have happened is that the Wake Up did actually work, but TeslaFi immediately went back to Deep Sleep ... so by the time the next whole-minute Log record was recorded it was Deep Sleep again. If that is right then any subsequent Schedule Action, which was not preformed immediately, would fail if it needed the car to wake up. (I have that problem when I get home, TeslaFi goes into deep sleep immediately, based on location, before I can plug the car in, so TeslaFi never registers that the car is plugged in and sends me the "plug in reminder" email)

I don't know what order the commands are processed, but maybe in ID order? so maybe try with your WAKE UP as the lowest ID, and another command for same-minute of schedule, but with higher ID number. Maybe the Schedule View Log will reliably show the order the commands were sent?

• Informative
Anyone has tried enabling the 'Enable Sentry Mode at this location' option in TeslaFi for stored locations? Wondering why they have the warning about it enabling when there are passengers in the car and does it cause a problem or something? As it stands I enable it while I am in the car at my location anyway. I just don't want it alarming on me or anything while i'm driving.

I was wondering if it were ok to hit the teslafi api every 10 seconds for data and whether that is even neccessary. Is the streaming api of tesla available from teslafi in Json? There's a lot of data there. Just don't want to hit it too many times and get in trouble.

I'm having a surprisingly hard time figuring out what one of the buttons / icons mean in the furthest-right column of each drive.

I was able to guess most of them based on recognizing the icons or by clicking on them to see what happened, but I still can't figure out what the 4th one from the top with the two rings means or does.

1. Note
2. Share
3. Merge
4. ???
5. Hide
6. Delete

upload_2019-7-8_18-41-7.png

Any help? :)

Just FYI... here's another button / icon I just noticed:

upload_2019-7-9_12-7-38.png

It's a "split" button. I've only seen it show up on one drive during which my car lost its cellular data connection for ~15 minutes, so TeslaFi didn't get any info from the car during that outage.

Therefore, TeslaFi doesn't know if the car stopped during that time and then started a new trip, or if it was one continuous trip. So presumably that's why this button showed up for this drive -- to give the user an easy way to split it into 2 distinct drives.

• Informative
Reactions: Fiver
Anyone has tried enabling the 'Enable Sentry Mode at this location' option in TeslaFi for stored locations? Wondering why they have the warning about it enabling when there are passengers in the car and does it cause a problem or something? As it stands I enable it while I am in the car at my location anyway. I just don't want it alarming on me or anything while i'm driving.
Sorry for late reply. Before, sentry mode warning included a loud sound, hence warning on TeslaFi. However the mode now doesn't make large sound when something detected, so now it's safe to use with passengers still in the car. That's my guess.