Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love using Teslafi. Despite only supporting a desktop view and having a polarizing UI, I'm still not tempted to switch to similar services. I just wish it would continue to add new features and maybe update UI, have an app etc.

I also noticed something yesterday. When I click on charge summary at first it doesn't show me my full history. I specifically select the dates I started using Teslafi, it still doesn't show full history. I refresh the page then it shows it. So maybe this is a bug?

Anyway, keep being awesome.

I have to say that I love teslafi because it lets me keep track of when Tesla pushes out new software updates and predict precisely when I will get a new update. And in conjunction with reddit or this forum, I can see what the release notes will be so I am able to follow precisely what Tesla is doing with software updates. I am no longer in the dark about software updates, when they will go out or when my car will get an update.

Reactions: Off Shore
I have a question about Teslafi. Where I live, electricity just got a price increase. So I want to update the prices I pay without touching its history. Will this change be effective from now on? Or will it also change previous costs?

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that it would impact all charges at that location upon the next charge history update, since there is no method (that I know of) to set an effective date. I don't believe TeslaFi is intended to be an exhaustive history of your actual charge costs, but rather to give a fairly accurate look at costs on an ongoing basis.

It'd make a nice feature improvement though, and I'd urge you to request it.

I don't know for sure, but my guess is that it would impact all charges at that location upon the next charge history update, since there is no method (that I know of) to set an effective date. I don't believe TeslaFi is intended to be an exhaustive history of your actual charge costs, but rather to give a fairly accurate look at costs on an ongoing basis.

It'd make a nice feature improvement though, and I'd urge you to request it.

Anywhere else to send requests but here?

Can't believe how crazy this service has grown. About 8500 logging users. How many cars has Tesla cumulatively delivered? Probably around 850,000? That means around 1% of Tesla owners use TeslaFi! And at $5/mo from what was just a hobby. Congrats to the creator of TeslaFi!
Now he needs to invest some of the earnings into developing a native mobile device app.

That would be great. And a UI redesign too.
I think it's been said from his forums that native apps are waste of time from other developers and that he should build mobile friendly site instead.

That being said, the UI has always been the achilles heel, IMO. The current iteration hasn't changed my opinion. Hire an UI designer. If he wants to stay on top, changes need to be made. Because he was first, he has majority of the market. Don't be complacent like PayPal.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Because he was first, he has majority of the market

I used TeslaLog before TeslaFi appeared, or had grown to the point of being worthwhile. It had a better UI in some places, but has had no improvements ... one of its best features was as you moved the mouse-graph-marker, to see figures at specific points on the energy/speed/SOC/etc. graph a Car Icon moved along the route on the map so you could tie the two together

Maybe I'm just used to it, but I feel like the interface works just fine

Me too. I abhor change-for-change sake that so many websites feel the need to do. Rebranding immediately accompanied by 50% of the audience saying "Wonderful" and then over the following days the other 50% pointing out what they used to be able to do / easily that no longer can, or has become difficult (dunno what the first 50% think at that point!)

I can understand that a mobile-friend interface would be an improvement, but the challenge will be the sheer volume of data to be displayed (which lends itself to web-page display).

Puts me in mind of Plugshare vs Zap-Map. Seems to me (maybe a UK thing?) that Zap-Map is far more popular, but I struggle to find the data I want and I am forever click-click-click drill-down and scroll-scroll-scroll, whereas with Plugshare I can see everything at a glance.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
Anytime I have an issue I open a private ticket in TeslaFi and James responds pretty quickly. I don't know why people seem to address things in comments there when we pay for support because we pay for the product. :)

I have this issue with my Model 3 now and opened a ticket and then decided it's the new Bluetooth text message connection in 2019.40.50.1; I even got a response from him in a few hours on Saturday morning, which I wasn't expecting.

In ANY case, anyone with the new firmware (40.50.1) seeing this? When you enabled the BT sync for messages on the car side, and your phone is nearby (meaning 30 feet, normal BT), the car doesn't seem to sleep. I got dozens of 'car is sleeping' emails last night, with no 'car is trying to sleep' emails. It seems to keep it awake and interfere with comms, also. API errors, other things. Makes no sense, full wifi signal, normal garage location, only change is the text message BT sync turned on a couple of days ago when 40.50.1 loaded.

Turned it off, rebooted, immediately cleared the errors, car immediately slept after the timeout.

All I can say I hope this is addressed in 2019.40.50.5, which seems to be in testing now (from what TeslaFi shows). And, can't do anything with the phones, as 30 foot BT range covers much of the house. Fobs can go in a faraday bag and moved somewhere. Hard to do that with the phones... :D

(Rebooted this AM to see if that fixed anything before turning off the sync, nope. Turned off just the message sync in the car (Bluetooth menu, top right of display) and that cleared it. Note that a reboot turns it back on, also weird. Turn it off, and you are set.)

• Helpful
Reactions: BridgeMojo
Maybe you could shut off the bluetooth receiver on your phone when you get home and turn it on again when you go out. I leave my BT on/off on the top of my phone's settings drop down.
BT is a permanent part of control panel, yes.

Turning it off would break other things like Apple Watch, AirPods, etc. Really needs to be fixed on Tesla’s side. I would think vampire drain as car doesn’t sleep would be a thing.

No one here has noticed this? Can’t see anything special about my setup. Love it to be a one off but how so?

I’m not seeing this on our car. It slept fine last night.

I do believe my car is out of range of the phone at night. At least 60 ft and 3 walls if that matters.

Attachments

• F4CD168F-6328-4D7B-8780-B82B69B66B51.jpeg
    F4CD168F-6328-4D7B-8780-B82B69B66B51.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: