Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not seeing this on our car. It slept fine last night.

I do believe my car is out of range of the phone at night. At least 60 ft and 3 walls if that matters.
Yeah BT is classically about 33 feet (10 M). See if the phone shows the car as connected (or the car shows the phone). But I bet that distance does disconnect everything.

Love to see if 40.50.5 fine tunes anything!

Yeah BT is classically about 33 feet (10 M). See if the phone shows the car as connected (or the car shows the phone). But I bet that distance does disconnect everything.

Love to see if 40.50.5 fine tunes anything!

I see my phone is connected now per the app (in kitchen closer to garage) and the car is continuing to sleep.

I’ll wake it and then see what it does.

When you get a chance, see if there's anything squirrelly on the TeslaFI API Data feed. Mine had a ton of wake/sleep/wake transitioning that was completely abnormal, that disappeared the second I turned off the BT to the phone from/in the car (just the one sync messages switch).

Edit: Here's an example of the weird behavior before I turned off the message sync, as it was sleeping and waking and sending emails all the time (from Saturday AM):

Model3-TeslaFi-BT.jpg

Last edited:
Got 2019.40.50.5 overnight and this seems to have been fixed on first test, need to watch it for a while to be sure, but, so far, so good. Car timed out, tried to sleep, and went to sleep. No looping at all. I did the usual reboot on loading the firmware, turned the message sync back on, and all is working so far.

• Informative
Reactions: brkaus
Got 2019.40.50.5 overnight and this seems to have been fixed on first test, need to watch it for a while to be sure, but, so far, so good. Car timed out, tried to sleep, and went to sleep. No looping at all. I did the usual reboot on loading the firmware, turned the message sync back on, and all is working so far.
I wasn’t able to replicate yesterday, but didn’t spend too much time on it. Mostly out of the house. I also got .5 last night, so I won’t spend much time on it.

I did notice power down button did nothing yesterday for me (before the update, didn’t try after).

I wasn’t able to replicate yesterday, but didn’t spend too much time on it. Mostly out of the house. I also got .5 last night, so I won’t spend much time on it.

I did notice power down button did nothing yesterday for me (before the update, didn’t try after).
Thanks for checking, yeah, I assume it's the usual, get it out and fine tune later. :D

I've thought about submitting a feature request unless I'm overlooking something. With the recent "batterygate" issues capping max supercharger rate, it would be nice to see at a glance what the max and average kw charge rates are for superchargers. The graph provides mi/hi calculations, amperage, and voltage, so the data is already there. I have calculated kw charge rates myself by mousing over the polled data points, but seeing this at a glance would be much easier to see if you are being throttled, and if so, when it occurred.

Reactions: aerodyne
Did anyone else have any issues with your car registering as "Offline" yesterday? I took one my longest road trips yet in our 3, charging to 100% for the first time before leaving. After leaving our garage, the car apparently went offline and remained offline for the next 7+ hours until I got back home and rebooted it.

During the day, I'd made several stops and restarts, including a supercharging stop and sending a destination to the car nav from my phone. Those all worked seamlessly, but absolutely none of it was captured as the car remained offline.

I don't see this as a Teslafi issue, but I'm at a complete loss to explain what might have caused the car to go offline like that, when it has never before done that in the first 18 months of ownership. The only thing I know for sure was different was that I'd charged to 100%, but that charging session ended more than an hour before we left, and the car remained online until we left the garage.

upload_2020-3-16_11-25-19.png

I also seem to have some problems. My car constantly wakes up from sleep to idle after exactly 56 minutes sleeping. This happen up to 10-12 times during 24 hours. Tesla investigated today, and couldn't find anything wrong but suspected a 3rd party app. The only one I have is Teslafi. I have now changed password without logging in on TF, so Tesla will check the log after 24 hrs. I also found another thread with the same issue (56 min.) running Teslafi, but without any conclusion. Started happening Sunday a week ago.

• Informative
Reactions: VValleyEV
My MS has had that happen now and then. If I notice the car is offline (via the signal indicator on the main screen), I reboot the next time I'm stopped. In the meantime, neither the app nor TeslaFi can connect with the car.
That's the odd thing to me. The car never showed offline anywhere I could see. Spotify never paused. Navigation with traffic data never paused. I could lock and unlock the car from a distance. I was able to Supercharge (which I assume has some check-in with Tesla to see if I need to be charged). And it lasted for more than 7 hours.

In the past, I have seen brief moments where the car appeared offline for whatever reason, but always reconnected on its own and within minutes, if not sooner.

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
I started happening to me after install of 2020.8.1 and continued with 2020.12....now both of my cars M3 and MS are sleeping for 1 min and awake for 28 min to 5 hrs......rebooted cars....nothing.....

all this started a week ago with 2020.12..........my car has been alternating 1 min sleep.....then awake for hours.......there is a constant whining sound coming from the front......imho, it is a software issue with 2020.12.....but Tesla will never say so....they will just bury their head in the sand and say its a third party app.......I am like you and many others, dont know what to do now....

When you get a chance, see if there's anything squirrelly on the TeslaFI API Data feed. Mine had a ton of wake/sleep/wake transitioning that was completely abnormal, that disappeared the second I turned off the BT to the phone from/in the car (just the one sync messages switch).

Edit: Here's an example of the weird behavior before I turned off the message sync, as it was sleeping and waking and sending emails all the time (from Saturday AM):

View attachment 494125
my wife’s car does not have that switch on and still has the problem

I also seem to have some problems. My car constantly wakes up from sleep to idle after exactly 56 minutes sleeping. This happen up to 10-12 times during 24 hours. Tesla investigated today, and couldn't find anything wrong but suspected a 3rd party app. The only one I have is Teslafi. I have now changed password without logging in on TF, so Tesla will check the log after 24 hrs. I also found another thread with the same issue (56 min.) running Teslafi, but without any conclusion. Started happening Sunday a week ago.
Something like this?
Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 11.29.17 PM.png

Exactly the same situation as @Fiver. Tesla checked the log today, and there was no problem when Teslafi was not in use. This is a Teslafi-problem, and need to be solved now! How do we get in contact with them?

Are you still having issues? I haven't driven mine since Saturday (newly work from home and going stir crazy) and not seeing the same issues as you - she's been sleeping for over a day now and was only up once yesterday (albeit for three hours with 6 attempts to sleep).

2020-03-17 (1).png