Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you still having issues? I haven't driven mine since Saturday (newly work from home and going stir crazy) and not seeing the same issues as you - she's been sleeping for over a day now and was only up once yesterday (albeit for three hours with 6 attempts to sleep).

View attachment 522910
It is still sleeping now after 18 hrs. I left it untouched for 24 hrs, and this morning it´s fine. Probably something that was fixed in the background.

It is still sleeping now after 18 hrs. I left it untouched for 24 hrs, and this morning it´s fine. Probably something that was fixed in the background.
wife’s M3 is sleeping now for 23hrs 35min........my MS slept for 15hrs 27min interrupted for only 45 min due to opening door at PPF shop

I thought things may have been fixed so I will continue to monitor M3....maybe a behind the scenes fix by either Teslafi or Tesla.......dont know yet

I am not sure if this is the right thread on this topic but I thought I would ask here anyway.

Has there been any discussion on a range drop around June this year? I don't mean any capping or degradation etc. or kWh drop but the difference in the range numbers = miles / kilometers the car is showing.

We have in Tesla Owners Finland quite many cars who have had a change in the shown miles/kilometers since and around June 2020. And this with Model S and Model 3's, with different aged cars, different driven km's, etc.

For example my own car, which is a 11/2017 Model S 75D and driven 52.00km (~32.000 miles). I had pretty good numbers before June and then suddenly had a -13km (~8 miles) drop and it is still continuing a bit. This has happened in the last 4 months and 6.000km (~3800 miles). Drop was from 380km to 367km (236 to 228 in miles).

I have checked with ScanMyTesla my actual battery capacity has not changed. It is still also showing very close to 4.2V when charged to 100%. Yes, there is some degradation but this does not explain it. Assuming mine was 72,6 kWh when new, it is now showing (nominal full pack) 70.0 kWh and so this would be approx. -3,5% degradation so not that bad for a three year old car. June this was showing 70.1 kWh.

Maybe Tesla has changed the kilometers/miles and what the cars show?
Does anyone else have any experience on this? Any other topics on this? Any other comments which could explain it?

This is not really a big issue and the actual capacity of the battery has not changed but this has still raised some questions.

Thanks!

Attachments

• teslafi.jpg
    teslafi.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Hello,

Trying to determine if subscribing to TeslaFi is worth it for me. All I want to do is create a simple daily schedule to start charging at one time and stop at another time - regardless of energy rate schedules, battery %, etc.

The only way I could do this previously was a combination of the Tesla's charging schedule and using the Stats app...but it didn't work well.

I set up Hourly Charging Rates in my TeslaFi.com account, but that is not working consistently. Is there an easy way to do this? I've seen other state they set up custom scripts with commands at specific times via TeslaFi.com, but I don't see how to do that.

Thanks.

You can definitely set up daily start/stop commands in TeslaFi. I've been doing this for years with no issue, and they do run reliably for me so long as the car is in a location with solid internet access. Here's a sample of my setup, which causes TeslaFi to set my charge limit to 90% heading into the weekend on Friday morning, then kick off a charge event. It then backs me down to 80% on Sunday evening, and ensures that I stop charging just before a 9 am rate increase every day of the week:

upload_2021-1-18_10-23-13.png

• Informative
Reactions: hybridbear
You can definitely set up daily start/stop commands in TeslaFi. I've been doing this for years with no issue, and they do run reliably for me so long as the car is in a location with solid internet access. Here's a sample of my setup, which causes TeslaFi to set my charge limit to 90% heading into the weekend on Friday morning, then kick off a charge event. It then backs me down to 80% on Sunday evening, and ensures that I stop charging just before a 9 am rate increase every day of the week:

View attachment 628622
Ok, I was going about it all wrong by using the Home Charging schedule. Thanks for the help!

The TeslaFi schedules to start and stop charging at specific times work perfectly. However, if I plug the car in outside of that schedule, it starts charging immediately, which is expected behavior. Is there any workaround that would allow me to plug the car in and not have it start charging right away? And then have it start with the next scheduled start?

I think you'd have to set the car to scheduled charging (within the car interface while parked at the desired location). Set that to a time after your TeslaFi scheduled time (or just rely on the car's scheduled start time as your 'main' daily charge start time).

I think you'd have to set the car to scheduled charging (within the car interface while parked at the desired location). Set that to a time after your TeslaFi scheduled time (or just rely on the car's scheduled start time as your 'main' daily charge start time).
Doesn't the charge schedule in the car only allow you to set a "departure" time? I'm not sure how it works exactly.
Right now I have TeslaFi to start/stop charging at 9AM/5PM so I only charge the car when my solar is active.