Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds like something else is still polling the car and waking it up. Unfortunately even if you change your password the token still stays active for a while. I've had mine active for up to a week once I changed it. Not supposed to be that way but it is.

Were you using Teslalog by chance? I had the same short sleeping issue even though I had logging turned off there. Finally the token expired and my car slept for hours at a time.

I have not used Teslalog before. The closest was another system that sent me a weekly report of miles driven. Here is another data point. I just started using the sleep functionality on your website so from midnight to 7am, the X is successfully sleeping. Perhaps it is something I am doing during the day time.

I have not used Teslalog before. The closest was another system that sent me a weekly report of miles driven. Here is another data point. I just started using the sleep functionality on your website so from midnight to 7am, the X is successfully sleeping. Perhaps it is something I am doing during the day time.
If you use the Tesla App it will wake the car up.

The 103.53.1 beta added some more API data-

left_temp_direction
max_avail_temp
is_climate_on
right_temp_direction
min_avail_temp
rear_seat_type

Nothing too useful. We'll find out soon if they added any new commands.

I added these fields to the Raw Data page on the site if anyone wants to see what they offer. They won't populate for your car until you get 8.0.

What is left_temp_direction? It's returning different numbers (-103,-115,-117,-121 etc...) Something specific for model X?

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel and msnow
I personally prefer to track my car at all time regardless of the settings in my car.

This is beyond the control of @Jdeck/TeslaFi.com. Tesla has designed the connectivity such that this interface for logging is dependent upon remote control being enabled in the car. The car likely does some local logging even with that turned off, but that data is not exposed to the user, through this API or any other method that we know of.

The 103.53.1 beta added some more API data-

left_temp_direction
max_avail_temp
is_climate_on
right_temp_direction
min_avail_temp
rear_seat_type

Nothing too useful. We'll find out soon if they added any new commands.

I added these fields to the Raw Data page on the site if anyone wants to see what they offer. They won't populate for your car until you get 8.0.

What is left_temp_direction? It's returning different numbers (-103,-115,-117,-121 etc...) Something specific for model X?
Is there anything in the API that indicates AutoPilot driving? Would be nice to have AP mapped a different color (blue?) or even how long AP was engaged which could also go in to the leaderboards.

There must be another meaning. API to me means American Petroleum Institute. What does it mean here ==>I'm referring to the API that's been out not what's new.

Application Programming Interface. It is a specification for how one piece of computer code communicates with another.

There are many different kinds of APIs in the software world, but in the current context it specifies how programs like TeslaFi communicate over the network to the back-end servers at Tesla to retrieve statistics and measurements about your car.

Bruce.

Reactions: Tam
I am a bit conflicted here - a treasure my privacy , but bask in data. Is the data that Tesla harvests is "the same" as what TeslaFi collects? Just that TeslaFi lets ME see it and Tesla is hidden to me? As I understand, TeslaFi gathers this data, and it becomes "theirs" and no longer within my control. Should I be worried about this loss of privacy?

Second - I know my body needs sleep. Does the machine need sleep? Not sure what to do with the above comments about "Sounds like something else is still polling the car and waking it up." Is this important?

I am a bit conflicted here - a treasure my privacy , but bask in data. Is the data that Tesla harvests is "the same" as what TeslaFi collects? Just that TeslaFi lets ME see it and Tesla is hidden to me? As I understand, TeslaFi gathers this data, and it becomes "theirs" and no longer within my control. Should I be worried about this loss of privacy?

Second - I know my body needs sleep. Does the machine need sleep? Not sure what to do with the above comments about "Sounds like something else is still polling the car and waking it up." Is this important?
Tesla collects A LOT more data than is available to apps like TeslaFi, a lot. If Tesla gets hacked or if TeslaFi''s data gets hacked it could impact your privacy insofar as locations you go and your home location. Tesla servers contain a lot more data about your car. I believe if you wanted to quit TeslaFi you could request in writing for them to delete your data but there's no guarantees on that if it's even possible.
Second, if you have Energy Saving mode on the car goes to sleep when idle after a certain amount of time to save battery depletion. Apps like TeslaFi do poll your car on a regular basis which causes some loss called "vampire loss" to your battery. Not much though. There's more detail on that in TesaFi's help file online and what you can do to minimize that loss if you need to. It's only important if you need to eek out every last mile for a trip the next day.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
Without abandoning/quitting TeslaFi, is there a simple switch to turn it on/off? What if I want to go visit my girlfriend and not let the wife know about that trip (just an example, I'm not THAT much of a cad).
TeslaFi has its own password to access the app. It only uses your MyTesla ID and password to pull the data down. So in your "immoral scenario" just change your password for TeslaFi only. May I suggest "cheatingS0B" as a good password?

TeslaFi has its own password to access the app. It only uses your MyTesla ID and password to pull the data down. So in your "immoral scenario" just change your password for TeslaFi only. May I suggest "cheatingS0B" as a good password?

But if remote access is still enabled on the car, access to TFi won't matter.. the wifey can still track the location on the Tesla phone app or with Teslalog or EVMote or Visible Tesla, etc. So I'd suggest the low-tech solution -- take your wife's car and let her drive the Tesla.

;)

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: jvonbokel and msnow