Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi.com

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it has never been on WiFi at all.

It reproduced at my office today.
View attachment 255780
Idling until 10:55am, but it's already 1:38pm here and no records, because my car is reporting offline.

View attachment 255781
After charging is completed at 10:2am, the car went into idle, and after 30 minutes TeslaFi stopped polling to let the car sleep.

View attachment 255782
TeslaFi waited until 11:08am and tried to query the car status, and it found offline.

Other than no sleep is recorded, this strange behavior of my car causes another issue when I drive from this state. TeslaFi immediately starts sleep mode once my car gets back online, so it won't poll my car for 15-20 minites and loses driving data for that duration.
My issue has been resolved! Don't know why, but I purchased this car as a new, inventory car, so that might be the problem. After a few weeks of trying, nothing worked but it suddenly started working recently without issues.

Reactions: scottf200
Are there some DOCs on using Schedules pls?

e.g. If I set HVAC temperature is that it - and how long does it stay on? (That's what I've been doing but I suspect it isn't actually heating the car)

Or (now I stop and think about it!) do I need to Set Temperature, also add an event for Turn On, and also add another event for Turn Off (e.g. 30 mins later)?

If I want to charge to 100% for 8AM departure would it be OK to let it start charging overnight, at 90% as normal, and then set an event, say, an hour before departure to change charge to 100% plus an event for Start Charge?

If I set that to Run Once I assume it will run tomorrow morning at the appointed time and then ... Change to NOT Active? or Delete that event?

Just wanted to be sure if I've got the hang of it :)

I just started using this - fantastic tool!

Question - has anyone correlated putting the car to sleep too much with slower software updates? I noticed that since I started using it...I used to be a first adopter on most software updates (when I compare on ev-fw), but since then it lags a good bit.

I've only played with it for a bit... so this is based on minimal experience -
e.g. If I set HVAC temperature is that it - and how long does it stay on? (That's what I've been doing but I suspect it isn't actually heating the car)

Or (now I stop and think about it!) do I need to Set Temperature, also add an event for Turn On, and also add another event for Turn Off (e.g. 30 mins later)?

It will stay on for roughly 30 minutes. It is just like turning on the climate control from the app. One could probably look at the log to find out exactly. I find that 20 min of pre-heat/cool is plenty, so I don't worry about longer.

It will turn on at the set temperature. If you want to guarantee a specific temp, you need to set the temp first (or after for that matter)

If I want to charge to 100% for 8AM departure would it be OK to let it start charging overnight, at 90% as normal, and then set an event, say, an hour before departure to change charge to 100% plus an event for Start Charge?

Yes, that has been my primary use. Worked great! Really wish one could also adjust the amps, but I think that is a Tesla API limitation.

If I set that to Run Once I assume it will run tomorrow morning at the appointed time and then ... Change to NOT Active? or Delete that event?

It will run, then delete the event so it is no longer in the web page at all.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I just started using this - fantastic tool!

Question - has anyone correlated putting the car to sleep too much with slower software updates? I noticed that since I started using it...I used to be a first adopter on most software updates (when I compare on ev-fw), but since then it lags a good bit.

Nope. I switched to sleep lots a couple months back. There have been firmware updates I got day one. My profile on EV-FW doesn't reflect that though since I don't apply the updates until at least a week or so later after I've seen reports what changed and I don't apply if they keep finding quick bugs to squash (I wait till it settles down a bit).

My issue has been resolved! Don't know why, but I purchased this car as a new, inventory car, so that might be the problem. After a few weeks of trying, nothing worked but it suddenly started working recently without issues.

I am NOT saying this happened, but Tesla Sales uses the same app interface as us, so they would have lost seeing the vehicle when ownership switched to your MyTesla account. That said, Tesla Service does NOT use the same app interface as us. Thus, they could have accidentally still been pinging your car after you bought it? Seems unlikely (except maybe for the first day or two of ownership), but I guess it is in the realm of possibilities.

• Helpful
Reactions: hiroshiy
One could probably look at the log to find out exactly

Thanks

Didn't think to look in the RAW DATA log ... was thinking I could only see activity if Driving/Charging at that time. I've told myself off ... not sure it will have done any good though!

The Schedule Log says that the "set_temps" command Result=True this morning, but I set off only a couple of minutes later, however there was no change in car (internal) temperature (log) in those couple of minutes.

I've set an event for this evening, before returning home, so I'll see what the RAW DATA logs show for that a bit later on.

In RAW data Logger Notes is showing "API Error - Data 405" (continuously since mid day yesterday), the car is at Tesla, is that some sort of Service Mode perhaps?

Tesla are supposed to be driving it to another (non Tesla) location and I was wanting to check that the car is actually moving! ... and that Tesla have charged it (TeslaFi is showing 25% :( but that may have changed in the meantime of course)

In RAW data Logger Notes is showing "API Error - Data 405" (continuously since mid day yesterday), the car is at Tesla, is that some sort of Service Mode perhaps?

Tesla are supposed to be driving it to another (non Tesla) location and I was wanting to check that the car is actually moving! ... and that Tesla have charged it (TeslaFi is showing 25% :( but that may have changed in the meantime of course)
As a matter of course, Tesla disable remote access whenever a car is in for service. They also tend to unplug dashcams.

Without root access there's not much you can do about it. (and even with root, they still unplug the dashcam)

As a matter of course, Tesla disable remote access whenever a car is in for service

Thanks. Yes, I was expecting that ... however the car hasn't been at Tesla for nearly a week (its having some repairs done [to wrapping] elsewhere and was either driven there or put on a trailer from Tesla Service nearly a week ago).

I've contacted Tesla but the people on the phone implied it was impossible that it was still in service mode ... or that the repair people (who have no association with Tesla) would have put it in Service mode (I can't believe that they would have the ability to do that, or that the support person would think that was even remotely possible).

I just want to check that the battery is charged ... and tell the repair people to plug it in if needed, they probably aren't clued up on the need to check that ...

... hence was keen to know if the API error I'm seeing likely relates to Service mode, or perhaps something else (in which case Tesla would be right that the car is indeed no longer in Service Mode ... but I have some other, new, problem to solve :oops:)

Exactly 30 minutes later "is climate on" changed to FALSE.
Curious if this changes with the latest updates to preconditioning that allows for it to remain “on” until the battery reaches 20%. (This had been the case with the in-car switch that was added in .42, but a recent Tesla App update said it would now stay on so long as the car was .46 or newer IIRC.)

Thanks. Yes, I was expecting that ... however the car hasn't been at Tesla for nearly a week (its having some repairs done [to wrapping] elsewhere and was either driven there or put on a trailer from Tesla Service nearly a week ago).

I've contacted Tesla but the people on the phone implied it was impossible that it was still in service mode ... or that the repair people (who have no association with Tesla) would have put it in Service mode (I can't believe that they would have the ability to do that, or that the support person would think that was even remotely possible).

I just want to check that the battery is charged ... and tell the repair people to plug it in if needed, they probably aren't clued up on the need to check that ...

... hence was keen to know if the API error I'm seeing likely relates to Service mode, or perhaps something else (in which case Tesla would be right that the car is indeed no longer in Service Mode ... but I have some other, new, problem to solve :oops:)
I don't see why Tesla would have purposely taken it out of service mode when taking it for more service, and the ability to turn off remote access is hardly a secret trick that only Tesla can do. The most likely explanation is that remote access is off. That said, the other explanation is that often shops will disconnect the battery while working. That will also cause this.