Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi "Gas Saving" for the UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our peculiar system of Miles for Road distance measurement but Litres at the petrol pumps complicates things when trying to set up TeslaFi's "Gas Saving" feature.
For the uninitiated this is a TeslaFi statistic that is designed to show how much cheaper the cost of electricity is compared to what you were consuming on your old I.C.E
Now, in my case my previous car was a 16 year old Nisan Micra Tempest.
It was pretty inefficient, at about 35 miles per gallon
So here are my sums:-
miles per gallon 35
miles per litre 7.698924 [35/4.54609 (litres per imperial gallon)]
Kilometers per litre 12.39019 [7.698924*1.60934 (Kilometres per mile)]
Have I got this right?

Below are the numbers I have plugged into TeslaFi. (The "kWh Gas Equivalency" number of 9.7 for a litre of petrol I got from Google)
The "Gas Cost" of £1.25 per litre is from the forecourt of the garage I used to use
Gas Savings.png

I'd be interested in anyone else's numbers.
Thanks

Reactions: GrumpyManUK
this is a TeslaFi statistic that is designed to show how much cheaper the cost of electricity is compared to what you were consuming on your old I.C.E

As an alternative route (which might validate the route you went?)

35MPG Nisan Micra Tempest

Petrol £1.25 a litre

1.25 * 4.546 = £5.6825 per (Imperial) gallon

35 Miles for £5.6825 = 16.24p per mile
35 miles is 56.32704 kilometres, 56.32704 km for £5.6825 = 10.09p per km

I think converting refined petrol to kWh of electricity is fraught ... I can grasp setting light to some petrol and releasing some energy :), but what about well-head-to-wheels? or even from prospecting-to-wheels? vs. Dogger-bank-Wind-prospecting-to-wheels ...