Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi General Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know about the TeslaFi Or Not thread under the Model 3. What I would like is a thread where those of us who like and use TeslaFi can chat without the "or not" static from people who think it's stupid, too expensive, or hate that it can use a couple of miles of range a day.

I'm starting to get into it. It's quite interesting to see the trip log, complete with map, and energy usage. I also think the Alexa skill is fun (though my wife thinks it's stupid to say "Alexa tell my car to flash the lights" ... well ... she's probably right but it is fun. It's cool they got "Tell my car" before anyone else!
Feel free to ask questions, chat about your usage, etc.

I've read the sleep info three times and I think I get it. But is there any harm if the car does not sleep? I leave mine plugged in at home. I could care less about a 3 or 4 mile range loss. What are people doing?

Things that I love - especially for showing non-owners detailed information about the car and how I use it. Hint, range isn't an issue.
Lifetime map
More stats than you can shake a stick at
Firmware stats - just to quantify to non-Tesla people what OTA really means
Charge summaries
Figuring out host much all this driving really costs (not much for 33K miles)
Finding previous trip and drive information
Temperature efficiency report - great for learning how cold/heat affects range.
Having altitude on the drive data is fascinating

Stuff I don't use
The highly inaccurately entitled "Battery Degradation Report" - it doesn't show degradation at all, it shows available miles from the BMS which jumps up and down. Real degradation just gets less and less miles. It should be called Battery Management Estimated Range report.

What kind of data fields from the ECM can TeslaFi read? Is there a list? Battery temp? Module balance? kW output/regen? Motor power F/R, RPM?

I will admit to being surprised the MX didn't have Trip Logging. My 'other' car has the ability to see every trip the car has made since new. Exact route information. So I can tell how many times I went to the Marina in the last year, etc, or how seasons affect the kWh consumed for the identical routes.

I confess to be confused between idle and sleep. My MX switches back forth even during so called "Deep Sleep" and it's not charging or keeping the cabin cool. I do have Cabin Over Temp Protection on, but it stays idle for long periods during the wee hours.

And what's the difference between sleep and Idle? How can I look at the car and tell which mode it's in?

2C8F0C0B-33CD-4A95-ABED-A8975835E41F.png
5E1DDB66-E2DD-46DD-A4B2-E5B963C70577.png
Here are my settings for my X, which seem to work pretty well. There have been some periods of time for the past 2 winters when the car would stay awake for long periods, but they seem to self-resolve after a few weeks.

As an aside, the model X is currently waking up on about half the days at 9:26 am. It started this sometime this winter. Quite a peculiar time. Sometimes it goes back to sleep in 20 min, sometimes it stays awake for 5 hours. The model 3 sitting next to it does not have this quirk.