Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi Maps - must get out more

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at my lifetime maps, which I regret starting until about a week after some serious Christmas family mileage to the north of England, it looks like I have a real south west - north east Scotland bias, nothing north west to south east! Must get out more.

Considering a European road trip for the summer holiday, any recommendations?

1DBF3B94-F3D9-410E-A9DA-1A24E5CC975D.jpeg

Considering a European road trip for the summer holiday, any recommendations?

Battlefields in France? Every time we have driven through Somme on way back from Alps (over several decades ...) we said "We ought to visit ..." and last Spring we did. I was really impressed with how well everything was laid out, educational, respectful ...

Wroth a stop at Sericourt garden too (its near Somme) ... absolutely bonkers and if you go to Normandy as well there is the Bayeux Tapestry, and I found the commentary in English much to my liking and enjoyed that.

Reactions: i3m3Andrew
We're going via Dover in July to Germany-Poland-Slovakia-Austria and back, i have no worries whatsoever about charging. Have been all over western Europe but i'm really looking forward to giving Autopilot a workout.

If anybody is interested i'll start a thread with pics etc during the trip (pics won't be all SuC lol)

Reactions: i3m3Andrew
We're going via Dover in July to Germany-Poland-Slovakia-Austria and back, i have no worries whatsoever about charging. Have been all over western Europe but i'm really looking forward to giving Autopilot a workout.

If anybody is interested i'll start a thread with pics etc during the trip (pics won't be all SuC lol)

Sounds great Mr H!

Reactions: Mr H
Out of interest how long did it take to drive to Croatia?

I'd be interested in that too.

Every time my Wife goes there she tells me how beautiful it is and that we must go on holiday. We won't fly ... and the train looks like the moment we got there we'd have to turn round for the return trip ...

I had assumed driving would be in the "too difficult" category ... so would be pleased to hear that a roadtrip will be the answer.

P.S. My wife only goes there, to look at the scenery, on her running track :)

Out of interest how long did it take to drive to Croatia?

We got to the channel tunnel for 8:30 on Sunday morning and got into Split on the Tuesday evening, we spent one night in Frankfurt and another in Austria, we took it pretty easy, not driving through the night or anything like that! Getting all the tolls, vignettes etc is a bit of a pain, but I did that all online before we left.

Coming back via the Gottard tunnel was probably a mistake, we queued for about 2 hours I think!