Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi or Not? That is the Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need? No. Want? Maybe.

I’m not much of a data nerd, but I do find the data aggragations interesting. For example, I know at any point how much electrons have cost me separated by DC (Superchargers) and AC (home EVSE). DC shows actual charges to my credit card, and AC shows consumption times my rate for electricity. I like that.

TeslaFi also shows a record of firmware changes, both the revision numbers and the days between updates. Could be manually logged, but don’t need to.

I really like the newly-added feature to automatically enable Sentry Mode at locations I’ve tagged. Since Sentry must be enabled each and every time from the car or Tesla app, this helps me a lot.

Current pricing is $50/year or $5/month. Could go up, but at that rate the information has been a nice adjunct to Tesla ownership and I plan to retain TeslaFi.

There are already new 3rd-party apps coming along (“Stats,” “Teslastics,” just to name two) and I’m sure more will come as the vehicles become more widespread. That said, for me, the newer apps are non-starters as none of them at this point can import previously captured data. For someone starting from scratch, it matters less.

Other posters have shared the best advice: try the trial. If you like it, great. If you don’t, try one of the other ones.
You said that you have to enable sentry mode echo and every time from the car, but are you sure? I swear my sentry mode by default, except when the car’s settings do not enable it when the car is home.

recently I had a mobile technician installing my CCS adaptor for a fast charging to my Model S 85 2015. So while he was workig we had some talk and I mentioned about my recent joining of TeslaFi. He (probably as official Tesla employee) recomended me to remove it and immediatelly change Tesla password. He explained that recently there was a case when Model X was driven away from the house while everyone was at home and they didn't hear anything. Later it appeared that owned signed up for TeslaFi and Tessi just 2 days prior to this. So investigation started and most importantly insurance company is now refusing to pay for the stolen car since Tesla informed them that there was case of voluntary sharing Tesla credentials with 3rd party. I don't know... I just went ahead and singned out from them and changed my password. OK, my car is probably not most attractive for those bad guys but just in case.