Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi - recommended settings?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've decided to go for Teslafi with the annual sub.

However, I can't really get my head around the sleep-related settings.

As I'm (soon, hopefully! - technical difficulties atm) going to be doing the bulk of my home charging via Octopus GO between 00:30 and 04:30, I would like to set up Teslafi to poll the car reliably when it needs to, but only when it needs to, therefore not using energy unnecessarily.

Is there an idiot's guide somewhere or can d someone very kindly lend a helping hand? :)

Last edited:
Thanks, but I feel I need something simpler than that, at least to start with.

It appears that the car never sleeps? Or at least Teslafi is reporting no sleeps. On the other hand there is 19 hours of idling.

Not sure what the difference between idling and sleeping is?

No problems with the monitoring that I can see; it records drives and charge sessions fine. The battery report graph is reassuringly flat!

It appears that the car never sleeps?

I have my Home and Work locations set to Deep Sleep - some risk that it misses me setting off on a journey. Also, it engages Deep Sleep as soon as I arrive - before I have time to get out and amble round the car and plug it in, so assumes car is not plugged in and then sends me a reminder to plug it in!!

Bunch of 1st world problems. Except when I need absolute minimum loss (airport car park) I tolerate some loss to have the benefit of the data ... but "a better way" would be preferable

maybe @DJP31 has a better solution?

which I put most of it down to Teslafi

If there might be "something else" you could try:

Chang password on My Tesla (ALL APPs no loner able to connect, including phone etc.) and re-check vampire drain

Then re-enable TesalFi (with new password and recheck vampire drain)

The re-enable next APP - e.g. phone - and recheck

In my case I had done a trial of something and it must have still been logging data ...

My car is still not sleeping. I've unchecked 'always connected' in the car and changed the Tesla account password to eliminate other third party services I've tried. I've not left Teslafi out of the loop though (generated a new token for it as It's what tells me if the car is sleeping or not).

I also want to ensure that Teslafi monitors the charging and I have a timer set to start charging at 00:30 because I'm on Octopus Go.