Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi Referral request thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TBH TeslaFi has a really good reputation and is as well, if not better, secured from malicious meddling as are many other reputable sites - their security measures are openly listed on their website including the fact that Tesla credentials are never stored Security | TeslaFi.com . They are not some small tin pot company doing an app on the side for a bit of pin money. They have a good large scale standing in the community and if something did go amiss, TeslaFi would be open and quick to say along well as thousands of other TeslaFi users. Every website carries a risk.

TBH TeslaFi has a really good reputation and is as well, if not better, secured from malicious meddling as are many other reputable sites - their security measures are openly listed on their website including the fact that Tesla credentials are never stored Security | TeslaFi.com . They are not some small tin pot company doing an app on the side for a bit of pin money. They have a good large scale standing in the community and if something did go amiss, TeslaFi would be open and quick to say along well as thousands of other TeslaFi users. Every website carries a risk.
With respect, you only have their word for things. The point is simple - there is a risk - whether its using a 3rd party site to get your tokens or them themselves or both. There is a refresh token that Tesla generate as part of the process that only expires if you change your password - with that token they generate more tokens and MFA doesn't get used again if you/they use the refresh token.

As I said, every website carries a risk, yet you seem to be implying that TeslaFi are liars and an even higher risk.
I'm not implying that at all, I treat them the same as all others -with caution which was why I posted. I also said many happily use them.

You seem to be defending them, but they don't state which country they are based in let alone a business address, no statements about data protection or registration with a data protection body and just because they publish a page to say they've really good security and don't store information, that it must be true.

I'm not implying that at all, I treat them the same as all others -with caution which was why I posted. I also said many happily use them.

You seem to be defending them, but they don't state which country they are based in let alone a business address, no statements about data protection or registration with a data protection body and just because they publish a page to say they've really good security and don't store information, that it must be true.

Can you please start your own thread… this thread is for referrals…. Thanks

Yep. Definitely still there along with a referral code etc on the page in question.

Are you a current paid subscriber? Maybe it is not there if you are on a trial yourself?

1638003273409.png

• Helpful
Reactions: hybridbear
:rolleyes:🤦‍♂️ I read in the TeslaFi support pages to go settings -> account -> subscription, so I was looking in all the pages within settings -> account. The support pages also mentioned the referral link being at the bottom of the webpage, which it isn’t now. I didn’t even look through all the items in the settings pop up menu🤦‍♂️ I’ve been using TeslaFi since 2016 when James was first testing it, and I’ve promoted it to a lot of ppl, but yesterday was the first time in years that I was looking for the referral code.

Reactions: MrBadger