Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi/TeslaScope or Similar Services

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to do some research but couldn't find a great answer. I would like to know the big benefits to using one of these services. They poll the car every minute typically and thus keep it from entering sleep and adding onto the vampire drain. I know they both have sleep modes, but then they aren't polling the car and you aren't getting anything from the service? I have the trial for both at the moment to see if I would like it, but I am not seeing big reasons to use them. What do you all think?

I use teslafi and it polls the car every minute only when the car is awake. When it is asleep it polls teslas servers I believe to see whether or not the car has woken up. If it shows as woken up then it starts polling the car again.

Default settings was set to 30 mins before it starts to put the car to sleep and then tries to sleep for 15 mins. I changed the time to 1 minute so my car doesn't have to wait 30 mins to reduce the drain. Typically the car goes to sleep in about 11 mins except when coming home from work, for some reason Tesla decided to make this a 2 hour sleep time as far as I can tell.

My drain is fine with my modifications to the timers.

If you put your actual Kwh cost for electricity and what your last cars gas mileage was and the current cost of gas, I find the information very valuable to see what I am actually paying every day, every month and also how much I am saving in those exact time periods!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
I use teslafi so can give info on that. It polls every minute. With sleep settings, it polls for 30 minutes after you park. Then stops polling for 15 minutes, during which the car can go to sleep. If you drive during that time you won't get any data unless you log in to the website and start polling manually. It works pretty well for me and in over 32k miles of driving I've missed logging less than 100 miles.