Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Teslafi tips for new users

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Other half plugged car into supercharger today. It didn't charge. I hadn't explained my schedules and that the charge limit was set to 55%...

Oops. obvious teslafi caveat that the car can seem to do weird things to anyone other than the geek in the house.

Still, she didn't really need to plug it in - no long journey, it's just the supercharger is where she was going for something else.

• Funny
Reactions: davidmc
tl;dr

Can TeslaFi be setup before collection? So to start logging info from the outset without having to worry about setting things up on collection?

Presumably once I've got the initial stats, if I don't want to continue I don't have to pay anything.

Anyone know if you can view max KW within the teslafi site or is it tucked away in the raw data somewhere?

I exported the data and found a column called "Power" but my stats for this mornings drive dont seem to appear as i would expect, perhaps due to sampling and not continuous read out?

tl;dr

Can TeslaFi be setup before collection? So to start logging info from the outset without having to worry about setting things up on collection?

Presumably once I've got the initial stats, if I don't want to continue I don't have to pay anything.
Have it ready (but not activated) on your phone and once your Tesla app is set up and you're ready to go, HOLD FIRE ON THAT PEDAL! setup and finalise Teslafi :)

I find it useful and have just paid my first month £4 i think. Charts all your trips, charges, sleeps. You can calculate costs. See Journeys made, Battery state and how much it has degraded. Schedules is really useful to automate things such as preheat car in morning at a cetain time, change battery Charge % at different locations on different days etc. Like on a Friday mine ups to 95% for my weekend home trip and to last the weekend 85% all other weekdays.

Can TeslaFi be setup before collection?

No

Correct, it's just a trial :) You don't have to put a credit card in and then remember to cancel or anything dubious like that. You do have to provide your Tesla Account Credentials (or generate a Token yourself), so you will have to trust TesalFi (same for any other 3rd party API widget-tool-thingie)

Not sure about your comment of "initial stats" though, you do get those of course, but the benefit from TeslaFi is an ongoing log of your car data, battery degradation, whether your car software version is current or lagging behind (you can see what percentage of the Fleet is ahead/behind you), where you have been (e.g. business expenses), cost / energy calculations, diagnosing why the car is playing up e.g. if the API starts showing "API Failure" for prolonged periods, vampire drain, etc. - not sure how you would know that otherwise. A scheduler so you can have the car charge to 100% shortly before departure, or turn on Climate just before you leave home for work, and work for home, send you a message if you forget to plug in, and so on. And loads of stuff for the Geeky - whether your battery heater comes on during charging in Winter ... there are hundreds of different API data points, logged every minute, 24/7/365 whilst you use TesalFi.

Of course if after the trial you find that that stuff isn't worthwhile to you then you are done, its just a trial :)

What benefits does a referral bring to either party?

10 day trail is extended to a month, and US$5 for the referrer IF you then pay a subscription (US$50 p.a. per car)

I admit I am a bit of a geek when it comes to these things. That said, I am finding TeslaFi money well spent and I enjoy having the level of detailed information it provides. For me, the less than £3.50 per month (if you pay for a year in advance) is totally worth it. My only hesitation was providing my Tesla account login details so that it could generate a token, but after doing quite a bit of reading on the internet I got comfortable it was very low risk.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Well thanks to @davidmc I have signed up - yes - I know he said don't activate, but it I set it all up day before collection and on collection day, once the app got connection whilst waiting to get called, could apply the Tesla account info so it was logging right from start even when rushed out the door.

Reactions: davidmc
Question for all you Teslafi pros! I can see you can merge journeys but I can only merge 2, is it possible to merge more? For example if I get out to unload the boot and drop off at an airport then on the way back home stop at the services before going home, could I merge all 3 'journeys'? Thanks

Not seen this before 50 (49 usable) / 90%

SharedScreenshot.jpg