Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaFi vs Teslascope

Tesla data tracking

• TeslaFi

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • Teslascope

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • Something else - let us know in the comments

Votes: 16 20.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Second shout out for TeslaMate. My only two beefs with it are:
  1. I do wish there was an iOS app I could use that used my TeslaMate data instead of logging into TeslaAPI or show a widget based on info in TeslaMate
  2. Its got a huge wealth of data…and most of the screens are useful, but I’d like to customize it a bit more and I need to learn Grafana.
I used to be an iOS developer for many years so theoretically I could write an app that talked to TM and displayed the data locally; but I also don’t have a ton of free time (or any really). Still…might be interesting.

Reactions: camthehombre
  1. I do wish there was an iOS app I could use that used my TeslaMate data instead of logging into TeslaAPI or show a widget based on info in TeslaMate
  2. Its got a huge wealth of data…and most of the screens are useful, but I’d like to customize it a bit more and I need to learn Grafana.
I used to be an iOS developer for many years so theoretically I could write an app that talked to TM and displayed the data locally; but I also don’t have a ton of free time (or any really). Still…might be interesting.

I would LOVE to have an app for TeslaMate. Closest thing I could get was port forwarding on my router so I could access it from anywhere. Unfortunately my router updated and I lost that forwarding so I have to set it up again. Still the best free tracker there is in my opinion. I also have Stats and like it.

TeslaFi wins hands down for me.

TeslaScope initally looks prettier, but the UI presents far less information, and it is not nearly as useful. I tried to use it, but got frustrated with the "pretty" obscuring the "useful", and there is much less "useful" in it to begin with, compared to TeslaFi. See battery health, etc.

TeslaMate sounds great, especially if you're concerned about handing over your credentials to a web-service, but you need some tech skills and I haven't had the time to try and set it up.

I find the "Stats" app is also very good, but the use cases are a bit different.

Another super useful app is "TM-Spy" which I think is still pre-release beta only for iOS. It provides great insight into battery temperature, heating/cooling and charging behaviour. Without TM-Spy, I wouldn't be aware that the front motor is hardly ever used in normal driving, nor that ~7kW of charge power is dumped into the motors to *heat* the battery to >60°C when fast charging, nor that remotely turning on climate control also dissipates many kW of power in the motors to warm the battery.

Reactions: Koolio46

This is fairly easy. Just use safari on iPhone and browse to Teslamate. Then "create shortcut on desktop" which creates an HTML bundled app shortcut. I use this all the time on my phone.

Yeah, done that. Its not the same thing. The UI is not very conducive to looking at specific things. I 99% look at TeslaMate on my iPad, and I still find it clunky. I even have a touchpad and keyboard. As a mobile developer for 20 years (yes, Palm, Newton, Windows Mobile, iOS, Android, BlackBerry…) - there is a huge difference in actual UX for mobile-first devices. TeslaMate is amazing, but Grafana UI is just not really that great for mobile usage. I actually have a tabbed bookmark that brings up most of what I want easily, but the layout, hover, scroll, and many other features of Grafana are really designed for mouse/large screen.

Bringing up the old thread! I switched to TeslaFi myself. I used TeslaMate for a long time and it was great, but I missed some of the capabilities I kept seeing in TeslaScope and TeslaFi. I switched over to TeslaScope at first for about 6 months, but found it lacking in a few key areas I wanted info on, specifically with my trips. I've been on TeslaFi for the last year. My biggest gripe is lack of an iOS client, but I can live with that.