Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

teslafi vs teslaspy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't know exactly where to post this, and did some searching but couldn't find a comparison between Teslafi and Teslaspy. if there is something out there, great, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise, i'd like to know which program people perfer and why.

Thanks

• Helpful
Reactions: BioSehnsucht
Yeah, it's ignorance that leads folks to continue to suggest that TeslaFi is a significant source of vampire drain. I use it and love it. Provided you properly set the sleep settings, the impact on range is pretty negligible--far less impactful than a high ambient temp, for example.

I use TeslaFI and I dont have anymore vampire drain then I did before activating the app. I have their sleep settings as suggested. I was away for 6 days and car in garage, lost 14 miles of range.

Can you provide the sleep settings recommended? The first time I tried TeslaFi, my car would not sleep (but didn't give it much time to try). I want to try again but want to make sure the settings are right.

Can you provide the sleep settings recommended? The first time I tried TeslaFi, my car would not sleep (but didn't give it much time to try). I want to try again but want to make sure the settings are right.

These are the big ones. Make sure Sleep Mode is enabled and the Try to Sleep Requirements are both un-checked. The Time to Try Sleeping should be 11+, and Idle Time before Trying to Sleep is up to you. Higher #s will add a little drain but lower the odds that you miss recording short drives in quick succession.

TeslaFiSleepSettings.JPG

These are the big ones. Make sure Sleep Mode is enabled and the Try to Sleep Requirements are both un-checked. The Time to Try Sleeping should be 11+, and Idle Time before Trying to Sleep is up to you. Higher #s will add a little drain but lower the odds that you miss recording short drives in quick succession.

View attachment 326545

Thanks. I had the temperature boxes checked (for some reason, I interpreted those boxes as DON'T take readings if checked and assumed that taking readings would keep the car awake, now realize that it is checking if the car is reporting readings).

I will try them again - I really liked the data they provided but didn't want the drain.

Thanks. I had the temperature boxes checked (for some reason, I interpreted those boxes as DON'T take readings if checked and assumed that taking readings would keep the car awake, now realize that it is checking if the car is reporting readings).

I will try them again - I really liked the data they provided but didn't want the drain.

Good luck.

Reactions: TT97
I've been using TeslaFi for a few months now and am happy with the features it provides. I've never used TeslaSpy, so I can't offer a comparison. My car rarely sits very long without being plugged in, so if there are any vampire drain issues I'd never notice them.

Reactions: Gt1948
I have used TeslaFi for 2 years. It has improved a lot over the years and the developer is always working on it which is key to me. Lots of great features have been added since I joined. If you want to try TeslaFi, you can get 2 weeks extra on the trial period by using 'sharkcookie' as a code.

I have used TeslaFi for 2 years. It has improved a lot over the years and the developer is always working on it which is key to me. Lots of great features have been added since I joined. If you want to try TeslaFi, you can get 2 weeks extra on the trial period by using 'sharkcookie' as a code.

Thank you, i plan on using the free trial period. last question: What benefits do you get that warrant the $50/year subscription cost? Just wanting to know where the payoff is. TIA

Thank you, i plan on using the free trial period. last question: What benefits do you get that warrant the $50/year subscription cost? Just wanting to know where the payoff is. TIA

Why is it worth it to me? I like having all data available from every drive, every charge and keeping track of it. It has been very useful in many situations to have the data available. It's the perfect log about everything related to the car. TeslaFi also does a great job presenting that data. It allowed me to track battery degradation, and efficiency overall and at specific situations.

Reactions: NJturtlePower

View attachment 326545
Zaxxon, do you use the nighttime sleep or deep sleep modes? If so, can you post a screen shot of your settings? Thanks

Side note: you can use a referral code when signing up for the trial, and that gets you a one month trial vs 2 weeks. It also earns the referrer a $5 credit on renewal if the new user signs up for a paid sub.

If anyone wants to use mine, it matches my forum username.

• Love
Reactions: ChemEJon and KDF